Used 1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excel model:

Good Car
By Ben

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

If you are in a city, and all you need is to get from point a, to point b, this is definitely a good choice in a car. I use it daily to get to and from school, and I've had no problems. (Ok, A few small problems, nothing major though) There are a few things that could be better (Air unit, Cup Holder), but really this is a great car. I hope to keep it until it stops working!

Mileage, Design of the vehicle, Good Pickup, Large trunk/boot,

The cup holder. (Worst Position, and does not fit a lot of drinks), Suspension could be better, The air unit could also be better.

I miss this car!
By Jannes

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I lost it in a fire & I miss it badly. At first I wasn't big on its looks, but I quickly fell in love with it. I did have to do 1 major repair when I replaced the fuel pump. However, as that got the car to reach over 40 mpg I didn't mind! I grew to like not having power steering which at first was a big adjustment. But what amazed me the most was how much stuff I hauled - this car redefines "scrappy" as I moved big recliners, utility tables, garden supplies... you name it, and still got amazing gas mileage. It's the only car where I've been stopped by admirers. One couple said they put over 350K miles on theirs! Excellent car if you're not out for sheer power as it's not the fastest around.

Gas mileage, manual steering, turn radius, hauling capacity, pure spunk of the little car.

Wish the body had a little more flair - not the sportiest looking car; also, had trouble with the seals around the doors. But no major complaints at all.

My Favourite Car!
By BryLovesMusic

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing. My parents bought it for me when I was in high school (2006), it only had 94k on it. My mom wishes she had it because of the fuel economy! My only problem is that the timing belt needs to be replaced, and she sometimes stalls if I turn it off and on repetitively. IE: going somewhere for 5 minutes; getting gas, etc., and she has a little bit of rust on her.

Great on gas, little but spacious, surprising pick up for such a little car.

I don't like the way the passenger & driver seats awkwardly go straight up after pushing them back when someone goes in the back seat, and the speaker system is kind of weak.

Little Red Car
By CPants

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

THIS IS A GREAT CAR!!! Very dependable (starts right up, even in the winter); small car + manual transmission = fun to drive; gas bill is cheap; replacing tires is cheap; always passes emissions; hatchback provides a surprisingly large amount of storage space (a necessity for my college days!); change the oil every 3K miles and she might go forever!

Does it have any?

No cupholders!

Hyundai Excell my opinion
By graycrown

1994 Hyundai Excel Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I have had excellent service out of
this car. Mostly town driving, to
work, to church and home.

Ease of parking and getting thru traffic.

Seats should be covered with better grade upholstry