Used 2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

New to Hyundai
By Rick L.

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Great car, will buy again! A lot of features for the money, comfortable. Spacious, fuel economy, and reliability has been key points to owning the car.

quality of interior materials extremely poo
By Tatyana

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced stirring wheel twice in 6 years - starts to peel off after some time. Driver leather seat - leather on interiorr back deteriorated quickly and eventually broke split right in the middle. Mind you I am not a construction worker driving in this car in rough working close. I am a lady wearing nice clothes to office. And I always put a wind shield screen up! I don't think interior materials should be deteriorating to such level only 6 years later on a vehicle.

2012 Elantra dead engine at 53,000 miles
By Lisa Schmitter

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

April 13, 2018 I start my car to a loud knocking noise. I towed the car to Burns Hyundai in Marlton. After review I am told that the wrist pin and rod bearing failed and thus failure of engine. I am the original owner and after numerous days Burns Hyundai has received approval under warranty from Hyundai to replace Engine Block. Burns Hyundai and Hyundai are refusing to cover full car rental costs for the 2 months it is going to take Hyundai to replace the engine. Parts should never had failed. This is a major defect causing failure of the engine and thus a non-functioning vehicle at only 53,000 miles. Now on top of it I have no vehicle which is absolutely unacceptable. I should be provided a FULLY PAID RENTAL VEHICLE BY EITHER THE DEALER OR HYUNDAI.

Navigation updates are not free
By J. Serrano

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Extremely disappointed with Hyundai. So when I bought my car and paid cash the salesperson told me the navigation updates were free. Just contact bluelink or bring it back to the dealership and they would do the updates. Up until this point I have loved my car. Trying to get a map update has been a horrible experience and now I am being told that the "free" update that I am supposed to have will now cost me $169 if I do it myself and more if I have the dealership do it for me. Why buy a car with a navigation system if you get jerked around with getting the updates. The car is a 2012 which is a year before bluelink was available in that particular model. My next car will definitely NOT be a Hyundai.

New engine needed 71,000 miles..need I say more
By AD

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2012 Hyundai Elantra, serviced by a dealer throughout the life of the car. Only has 71,000 miles and needs a new engine. Spoke to many people at the company including a CEO and basically they didn't care. I bet the CEO would not even purchase a car if he knew there would be a need for a new engine at this mileage. Really, Really, Really poor quality car.