Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

I despise this car
By Sydnee Sprague

2010 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car nearly 2 years ago with about 61,000 miles on it. The vehicle now has 79,000 miles on it. With the hail protection plan I added, it totaled to about $11,500. When I first got the car, I noticed nothing wrong with it, mainly because I lived in a small town and only drove it at no more than 30mph most of the time. Upon moving to the city for college, I noticed major issues, mainly with the way the car shifts. It's extremely rough, even getting up to 40mph is a hassle. I've looked up reviews, and other people seem to have this issue as well. I'm getting my transmission checked in a couple of days, and I swear if it needs replaced, I'll never get a Hyundai ever again. Plus, resale value is awful. I'm looking at $3,000 trade in value.

Bought new and still own
By ladybugshome@gmail.com

2010 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car has 120,000 miles on it and did change transmission fluid and other items that were listed in manual to do. Car is running great still and looks great, yet it spends 9 months in Florida where there is no salt. Park it under carport and the paint has remained true to color since I purchased it. Gun metal I think was the color listed. Will probably still have it for years to come. On third set of tires and just general maintenance has been done on it. Timing belt was done at 93,000 and struts were replaced already. Brakes done once already..... will be re doing front ones this year. Well worth price paid for car. Still run it 1500 miles back and forth to Florida to NY~

Love this car!
By Jan Parks

2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The warranty was wonderful! Yes, the transmission did fail (it seems common with this year), perhaps because it was abused by a previous owner, but the local dealership was wonderful about replacing it with no questions asked. Other than that, the car has been perfect. I am especially surprised and pleased by its performance on the highway. It seems to drive like a much bigger car, and is very comfortable for me for long stretches. I get 25 mpg around town (I live on the top of a mountain which affects my mileage) and 36 on the road.
Ok, I sold this car a year ago (Jan. '17), perhaps because I was paranoid about the transmission going out again. But I'd been thinking of buying a new car, so I decided to do so, partially because my son-in-law's sister needed a good, reasonably-priced car. So I sold the Elantra to her. Now she loves it, and has had no problems with it. (whew!!*) I bought a Corolla instead of another Elantra, mainly because I wanted both a CD player (old school) and a backup camera, which I couldn't get in an Elantra. Still think it was a good car! I would buy do it again...

Never own Hyundai again
By Karen L

2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I own a Hyundai Elentra 2010 and I am getting rid of it in 2 months. Horrible brakes and skids in bad weather.

nice car with lousy transmission
By Ronald Osborn

2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

No problems except transmission went up after about 50000 miles. Replaced with remanufactured one under warranty but neither dealer nor manufacturer revealed whether replacement was any different from original. As I recall, replacement only had 12 month warranty on part itself, no labor coverage.