Used 2009 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

LOVE my car

shivelyk, 11/21/2011

This makes the 2nd Elantra I have owned, & don't think I would own any other vehicle. Mine has 72,000 miles on it & other than replacing both fog lights (due to driving in snow & on salted roadways), I haven't touched it for anything other than tires, brakes, air filter, & the other routine maintenance that is suggested in the manual. I get EXCELLENT gas mileage--with a combo of city & hwy miles I get at least 32 mpg with every tank. It drives smooth, & it fires right up in cold weather. Roomy interior, lots of nooks & crannys for storage, & an awesome factory stereo system are just some of the plusses on the inside. I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a good car for less $$$

Great car after 3+ years

sreston, 04/15/2012

I bought this new for under $15k, and am delighted with the features, low cost of ownership, and overall quality of the car. I love the problem-free driving, nicely peppy engine, comfort and interior space (I am 6'5"). The car still looks new inside and out. I have had a few small issues as follows: *Driver's seat makes a clicking sound in the lowest position *Rear window sometimes made a crackling/popping sound when going over laterally uneven ground, but this went away last year after I put some product on the weatherstripping *Driver's side window made a popping sound when rolled down--it was sticking to the stripping. Silicon lube fixed it Otherwise the car has required zero repairs.

Great purchase, superior in many ways

Mike, 11/13/2008

I bought my Elantra just a couple of weeks ago and I am so happy with it. I did have an extended search and compared it with other cars like Honda Civic, Fit and Toyota Corolla, and my Elantra has everything I need, nothing to envy the competitors. Great look, smooth ride, the hp 138 gives great torque enhancing performance, very spacious inside, not feeling like driving in a "can" as I was feeling in others. Interior design is superior definitely, plenty of storage in easy to reach places. Blue tooth, ipod, satellite radio, what else do you need? Prior reviews on the '08 about safety speak for themselves, and this one has 5 star crash rating... Oh, of course, great gas mileage 33-35 mpg...

I replaced a Saab with this and I won't be looking back

captainbrown, 03/31/2012

I needed something cheap, practical, and reliable and I got it. This car has two dominant personalities. The first is a sensible car for the average adult. Gas economy is on par with 2009, the ride quality is exceptionally smooth for a compact, and the cabin is quiet and spacious in town and on the freeway. However, under the surface the 2009 Elantra is one of the funnest rides you can get for an MSRP under $20,000. I would compare it to a go cart. It's nimble, quick, and firmly planted. Unlike the 2011 Elantra, the steering is connected, responsive, and no matter how you drive it, she wants more. Give it an honest test drive, because you have to drive it to experience it.

Electrical problems 2009 Elantra hyundai

Indy, 03/28/2018
SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This problem has happened a number of times with my car a 2009 Elantra Hyundai, he unlocks it, gets in, puts the key in, turns the ignition and it won't start. There is no connection with the engine, it just clicks. And when this does happen, the steering wheel is locked up solid. This is very scary part, what happens when the engine dies out? The steering wheel is completely locked. This is a very serious safety issue. Some times he has waited and unlocked and locked his doors a couple times and then it magically starts - there seems to be no rhyme or reason for when this happens. We had the problem about a 3 years ago and then it stopped so we never took it in but the problem is back and it is annoying as hell. The first time we were going to jump it and he tried to start it one more time and it started so we didn't jump it. It does not appear to be the battery but some kind of connection in the electrical system. I have taken my car to number of mechanic garages. Nobody can figure this problem out, other than says it's in the software programming system a problem? Update: the problem is coming from the remote fob. I have been locking and unlocking my doors manually by using my key. I have not used my remote fob for a year now. Ever since then, I have not had any trouble with my car not starting being stranded somewhere. It's crappy you can't use your remote Fob!

12345...19