Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Loved my Seattle Blue Elantra
By Marianne Rosen

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car but I now need to be able to put in and take out car seats with ease as I have Grandbabies and I am getting older

Best car I ever owned
By Sylvanna

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for 10 years & never had a problem.All I did was keep up with scheduled oil changes and that's it. Problem free car...ultimately I was in car accident and frame bent/engine was still good, but it would have cost more to fix frame than car was worth:/

Nice car for the money
By Nidhin Dhanraj

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable car especially the trans and the engine. The trans is very lousy especially with AC on; slow shifting. But engine and trans seem bulletproof. bought at 85k used and changed oil every 12k miles synthetic. Minimum 24 mpg city with AC on and driving mad. Bought brakes and rotors for $40 online and changed myself. Done nothing other than oil changes. Very reliable car but don't expect quality like Toyota. Steering makes clunking noise, had to replace sway bar links, tie rods because of clunking noise over bumps, replaced window switches because it wasn't going down ($20 online, replaced myself), sun visor broke ($50 online), CD is kind of sticking sometimes ( but who uses CD's?). Engine is very noisy not refined like Toyota's. Other than small problems engine and trans is perfect and is good for many more miles....

Great Commuter car
By Henry

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 42,000 miles on it. I bought it because I needed a car to commute back and forth to work, 90 miles one way. I've done the normal maintenance on it. As soon as I drove it off the lot, I changed the oil, using Castrol 5/20 full synthetic. Drove about 7500 miles in between oil changes. I noticed at around 220,000 miles that it was burning the oil really fast, so I switched to Castrol synthetic blend. Now I change it every 5,000 miles, which for me is about every 5 weeks. Transmission is a 5-speed manual, original. Only thing I had to do was replace the clutch, and changed the fluid at about 300,000 miles. The Hyundai dealership told me that you never have to change the trans fluid. My mechanic figured out a way to do it and shifted a lot better. 2 timing belt kits goin on 3, replaced the motor mounts, clean the throttle body regularly, Its on its 3rd set of spark plugs and wiring. I had the alternator rebuilt at 180,000. I will drive this car until it won't go anymore. Hoping to make it to at least 500,000 miles.

2007 Limited with manual
By Owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car used, top of the line.. very rare breed. Car has been so dependable I can't complain. 5-speed is peppy, shifter is a litlte noise going through gears, not to bad, nice clutch though. Pros: Peppy, big inside, good handling, nice layout with cubbies galore, good gas mileage (avg 30), quiet, lots of conv. options like sunvisors pullouts, bag holder on tunnel. Blue dash lights. Reliable. Cons: Seats don't have thigh/sculpting support, engine a little noise at higher RPM's, shifter not quiet Honda/Ford standard. Not as sporty as those said makes either. Overall, it's treated me well, and have been good with upkeep.