Used 2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

Amazing Car. Tons of cool upgrades!

Da-Mi-An, 01/07/2016
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS. The car is fantastic on gas mileage and is rather cheap to fill up! I love how easy the steering is along with how fun it is to drive. My brakes work great. The interior is rather ugly as is in most Elantras the good part about that is they come with so many cool options for seats and dash kits that you can purchase to really make the car feel like your own. It is a great buy and I would recommend all of my friends and family to purchase one just so they can see how comfortable and smooth driving the elantra gls really is. I do plan on purchasing a newer one this year and turning mine into a rally car. So if you wanna race lets be in touch haha.

disappointing purchase

georgina, 11/25/2008
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When you own it for over a year...I bought my elantra dec 08/2000. Within 1 1/2 years had to replace right front bearing - not on warranty. This car has been a money pit. I kept up on my oil changes and warranty work at the dealer. The motor went @ 5000k over the warranty - used motor, towing and rentals - @ $5500. Hyundai did nothing to stand behind the car. Among many other things, i.e. struts, other bearing, cv joint etc., transmission went on 5th anniversary of car - $3000. I paid $15,000 for this car and have spent that much in various repairs. I have spent close to $30,000 on this car. My Mazda 323 was 7 years old before I had to spend $$$ on it. Buyer beware.

Buyer Beware

Henry, 05/26/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Elantra for almost a year, I bought it for around $4,500 in 2009. As I write this considering the age and mileage of my car I have boon somewhat lucky considering how hard I drive it. I have had some somewhat minor issues like CV joint problems and ball joint issues. Still I would definitely not recommend anyone buy one, unless it was in very good shape. Look into buying a reliable car and don't rush into buying. I wish someone would have told me this but instead I rushed and bought something cheap and I could have done better and so can you.

Great little car

Crystal, 09/29/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I have put 80,000 miles on it so far and I have had no major repairs. Only maintence type repairs have needed to be done. Very good car for the price.

Loved and now hate this car

smm7, 03/24/2012
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 when it had 120,000 miles on it. It now has 190,000 miles, and I'm still driving it. There are good and bad things I've encountered. Good things- I love small cars, easy to drive, gets around very well in snow storms surprisingly, and it has never had engine or tranny issues. Bad things- I've pumped tons of money in this car to keep it going. From the radiator to the belts and everything in between. And the paint is horrible. It's looks like crap and all peeled off on the hood, top, and trunk. It looks horrible now. It's still getting me places, and after 5 years, this is the longest I've had the same car, but I can't wait to get rid of it.

12345...26