Used 2015 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Accent for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Tiger Orange Accent

Leonard A Seminski, 03/09/2019
GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

i purchased my Accent last year after my Sonata was totaled after I was hit in that car. When I saw the Accent, I knew had to give it a test drive. It is "Tiger Orange," has a hood scoop on the hood, and even has "Tiger Stripes" on both panels above my front wheels. I took this car from New Jersey to Arizona and back, and the car squeezed out 49 MPG; no lie. I experienced the same MPG going to Montgomery Alabama and back to New Jersey. I have a 6 speed manual, and I am sure this helped with the MPG a little. The steering on this car is tight; no play in the wheel, plus I love the way I can feel the road in the steering wheel. I love this car and living close to Princeton, NJ, my "Tiger car" has admirers.

Who actually sets out to buy this car.

Roland Kelly, 11/26/2015
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My 2013 Jetta was damaged in an accident, while being repaired the other party's insurance was kind enough to add insult to ingury by inflicting this car on me as a rental. This car accelerates at the speed of smell. Any and all road noise is heard and felt. The car rides like an unbalance washing machine. It didn't fit my dog comfortability let alone my small children. And to top it all off comes without a spare tire.

Sleepers delight

Terry Miller, 03/13/2020
GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Can't get any better than a slow car that puts honda to shame

Good first car

Cerri B, 11/13/2019
GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it at 41000 miles and it's now at 94000 miles 2 years 4 months later. The only maintenance it has needed is new brake pads and rotors, new tires before last winter, and regular oil changes. The acceleration isn't great but you get what you pay for. Braking is fantastic and it handles sharp turns very well, I've never gotten in a crash even in unpredictable situations. There's no Bluetooth but there's an aux port so who needs it really, anyway. Heat and AC are still doing great. I consistently get 28mpg in cities/towns, 31 on short highway drives, and 38 on long 4-hour drives. My dad is 6'4" and fits comfortably in this car. My friend is 5'3" and I taught her how to drive in this car too. I'm very happy with it, this was a good choice for my first car.

Warranty runs out BLAM!

Rose, 04/30/2021
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 6 Speed because I love my stick. Any how... I have 53000 miles and the car is now 4 months beyond the 6yr warranty and guess what??? The air conditioner takes a poop! So I take it to the dealership (do not have work done there, it is 3x as much money). Now I am getting quotes to have it fixed and am told that the compressors are bad on most of these cars. Replacement is between $1850 and $1180 one has a 3 yr warranty and the other has a 2 yr warranty. Want to know why they are so expensive... Well they have to order the parts from Korea. Hummmmm... I have had a previous 2003 Accent Hatchback 5 speed and the air was strong until her death in 2015. Looks like auto's now a days don't last like they used to. What a shame to fudge on quality for quantity..... and what is really sad is our children and grand children will have throw away cars in the future....that will cost them an arm and a leg...