Used 2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Transmission Reliability ChallengevF
By Len

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For those individuals that like a small peppy economical car in the Hyundai line this will fill the bill. I have 135,000 miles on mine but I had to replace the transmission at 96,000 miles. Before you buy——check carefully the transmission.

Great First Car!!
By Dylan Smith

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first car since I'm 16 and in High School. This car is the perfect size for me since it is a small car. Since the car is so small it makes parallel parking and k-turns super easy! It doesn't go that fast but that is not an issue for me. It takes a little bit to get it to accelerate to a high speed but that's not a problem but I do get passed a lot because of that. Overall it is a great car!

125,000+ miles and still going strong!
By Rick

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new as a commuter car in 2005. Paid $7750 and I was hoping it would last until I retired. It did -- plus another 10 years, and still going strong. It is a "basic" car, a cassette deck, a small back seat, small wheels and a few other disadvantages, but hey, a "simple" car is what I wanted! In 11 years it has had exactly TWO non-maintenance service calls. One was the previous mechanic's fault and the other was a "check engine light" which resulted in a minor adjustment. That's ALL! I listed the MPG as "35" but, on the highway, the mileage has flirted with 40! It has plenty of pep on the road, too. I got through college on VW Bugs and this is the modern equivalent. Not fancy, but this car has been extremely reliable and I almost consider it a member of the family!!

Awesome little car!
By Shawna

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in 2008 with 35k miles on it. It is now 2016 and I'm still driving it with 286,000 miles on it! I love my car! There have been some fixes here and there- I had to replace both front axles a few years ago. I replaced a couple belts. The a/c doesn't work anymore. I replaced the radio with a better one. Both interior door handles broke. I fixed the drivers door and it lasted a couple years and broke again. It's ok. To me, it's all just fixing the wear and tear. I would buy this car again, any day. It's not very often that you find a car like this one.

Falling apart, but still only costs $10 to fill up
By Karen june

2005 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car just under a year ago, and since I've had it there's always been something wrong with it. Tranny slips, all interior lights are out, a/c went out, and burns oil. Just always something wrong. If it wasn't for the gas mileage I would give it away. Paid a good price, but wasn't told how much was wrong with it.

Driving it was a lot of fun before the tranny really started to slip. And a/c blew snowflakes before it went out. I hate stock radios so I have my own radio and 6x9's in it.