Used 2016 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 355 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

More 9 sp tranny issues
By 2 Cool

2016 Honda Pilot Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I understand that things go wrong. The dealership Palm Harbor Honda dropped the ball. From the transmission issue to the promised trailer hitch that never was. Was in the shop for 8 days while I had to rent and pay for a rental car (Toyota) for a new trans on a car that only had 30k mi.

Avoid the 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L new model junk!
By Jay B

2016 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a brand new 2016 Honda Pilot EXL from Kenosha Honda in Kenosha Wi. I also purchased the extended warranty from Keno Honda for this vehicle. I've had many new Hondas (7) to be exact 2 are still in my family being used by my kids. The 2016 drove nice and problem free until it reached the 40,000 mile mark. My wife the Sunday driver had all of the warning lights go off brake,engine,traction control,ABS and engine emissions system failure. Took it in to the dealer. The vehicle was there for 6 days. The catalytic converters were replaced, at 40,000?? Makes no sense. Took the vehicle home. We drove it for 2 hours all of the lights came on again. Back to the dealer. Car was returned and said it was all repaired. Transmission started to make noises and another warning light. Decided to get it serviced one more time and trade it off. Never had problems with any other Honda.

Wow me Pilot Elite
By Jerry Bryant

This is a three seater with lots of bells and whistles. Great ride. No problems. Great service.

Wish I never bought it
By Robert S

2016 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This car has been nothing but problems. 38k miles and just found out I need a new transmission (a $9000 replacement on a $46k vehicle after two years of ownership). They said the clutch was burnt and tried to blame it on towing (I have a towing package but haven't towed anything). All freeway miles and all maintenance done (more on that in a minute). It started chirping at 10k miles and finally, after two service visits, I finally schedule a ride along to replicate it. 2 minutes in, it was confirmed. I have also had problems with the stereo randomly having massive feedback (again, they replicated it but wouldn't do anything about it). Brakes are also started to shutter and I don't drive hard (again, all freeway miles). On top of this, the "recommended dealer service" is a full transmission fluid change, radiator flush, and major service at $1200 every 30k miles. Really? This is a Honda, not a Jaguar. Honda really blew it on the engineering on this one and have lost a customer for life.

2016 Water leak in tailgate of vehicle
By G.G.

2016 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2016 Honda Pilot in January 2016. O February 4, 2016, car was in park outside my garage when car started going forward, mashing the brake pedal would not stop vehicle, went through garage and didn't stop until I stomped on the emergency brake. Honda took no responsibility for this malfunction, basically telling me that it didn't happen! I was in the car fearing for my life, so don't tell me that! But my insurance company had the car repaired ($10,000) and I was without my car for 6 weeks. Made first two payments and didn't even have the car.....Honda very hands off. Now, I have water entering the tailgate, no idea where water is coming from. But as usual, Honda probably won't take any responsibility for this either. this is the first and last Honda I will ever own.