Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Good Travel Vehicle - 2008 Odyssey

kathy68, 02/23/2012
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 99 Honda Odyssey and had it for 9 years. Many recalls including transmission replacement on that model year. Purchased a new 2008 Honda Odyssey and have had good luck with it so far -- over 65,000 miles on it. Soft brake issue recall was resolved. Traveled 4,000 miles last summer to Colorado through the rockies and also to the east coast and it was a great travel vehicle.

Sorry I bought it.

Hannah Lechenstien, 11/09/2007
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only driven this van about 3000 miles and I have to say that I am VERY DISSAPOINTED in HONDA PRODUCTS!. I have been to the dealership a total of twelve times for an array of problems. The sliding door fell of it's track onto my 7 year old's foot. The DVD player keeps skipping. The lights on the dash will go out with no warning. The brakes are starting to squeek when they are hot. It has terrrible gas miledge (13 city/16 hwy). I had traded a Dodge Durango that got better gas mpg than this thing. And it never broke down or sent me to the dealership for any repairs. I have almost three years left on the lease of this scary creature. I don't think I'm going to make it.

Great '08!

Mrs. Philip Klostermann, 03/21/2019
EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a very reliable well maintained vehicle. If I thought it needed something, like tires or rear shocks, I would go to the dealer to get it! Regular advised Maintenance is the key to Honda longevity. I followed the 15% oil change suggestion, as well as free tire rotation at every oil change. (I had free tire rotation because I bought my Michelin tires there at Bommarito Honda in St. Louis.) I've kept my maintenance file. When it was time for a new timing or serpentine belt, I got it. I listened to the service advisors because they were a constant in the service dept. They washed my van every time it was in for service, unless the weather was too inclement or the car wash was down.

Disapointed

NM467, 05/16/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this because my 2004 was a great van. The interior design is truly great, easy to live in and great for the family. The disappointment comes from the brakes(soft), transmission shutter, power locks that have a mind of their own and squeaks in the interior. The road noise is bad also and that was supposedly improved. The squeak not yet fixed, transmission reprogrammed not fixed and the locks can't be replicated when at the dealer. I have also had the drivers seat cushion replaced because of cracked leather this from a Honda with less than 17,000 miles on it. I bought this van to drive for the next ten years and at this rate I doubt It will make it to be paid off. Honda's rep is damaged!

Rust problems Truck Around Tail Light

jeffwh, 01/25/2014
EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda Poor Customer Service In just 5 years rust in around rear signal lights broke through the paint and started flaking off. It was unbelievable. I told Honda of the issue and they inspected the vechile and they concluded the vechile had not been in an accident or repainted. They would not pay for the repair. Van was well in perfect conditions otherwise. Amazing van to drive but customer service. Terrible! Be careful.

12345...33