Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

All I wanted n a minvan

David Exley, 08/27/2016
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this car for 8 years and have had no problems. Would buy again without hesitation. Only down side was mileage, but don't know what similar vans do. Can haul 4 adults plus 2 smaller people on backseat with no problem. Runs great with same acceleration. Easy to get in and out which becomes more and more difficult as you get older and joints don't not move like they did when younger. Van is a 2008 Honda Odyssey bought new.

Say it isn't so

corey, 06/22/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Honda's. I am most worried about this vehicle.We love the comfort of the van, but have not enjoyed taking it for service appointments. If you have not had them put a new torque converter in, demand they do so. The new software package does not do the trick. I can tell you that we will not be keeping this van past the 60,000 mile mark. It will be one that will run out of warranty and blow up on your trip to Disney World. Run from this model. Hope they will solve the problems in future models. I was hoping to have the same experience that my friends have had with their vans. All of them have 200,000+ on theirs and are still running them. Save and buy an earlier model

Frustrated Odyssey

Ed Warrior, 01/21/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe an Odyssey with torque converter issues at 20k miles. It isn't the only issue with this year model add front brake rotor since first day and both front axis tips damages. New replacement not available until end of January. I am running a "new" minivan with a lot of problems basically since 0 miles.

so sad

sad, 10/23/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely would have recommended this van to anyone until about 6 months ago at 27K miles. The van developed a vibration which got worse @60+ mph. I'm afraid to drive great distances now for fear that its going to fall apart. I've taken it back for the 3rd time to "fix" the problem. They've (1) reset computer, (2) machined all 4 rotors, and lastly (3) road forced balance - none of these supposed "fixes" have fixed the road vibration i experience daily, it maybe even worse. I hate my van and am extremely frustrated with the lack of actual service for the problem at hand. I won't buy another one.

a great hauler

zman34, 03/09/2014
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first minivan due to kids. We left an x3 to get the van, as a left over from previous model year. Hard to beat for camping and any trip with the kids. Comfortable and peppy for a vehicle well over 4000 pounds. I bought it as a left over and saved 5000 which made the EX-L affordable I sold it at 80,000 miles after 8 years. No major costs other than suspension (shocks). Can't beat the room and driving dynamics. Flexible seating was nice, easy to flip down 3rd row. Recommended. Leaking rear shocks at 50000 were a bit expensive. Warranty replacement of wheel bearing and piece of the steering pump. At 70000 now with no other issues. Mpg socks but you are pushing a heavy box through the wing. .. What do you expect? The variable cylinder management is a joke for Mpg improvement. With the volume of these cars sold, I am not surprised there are a few issues reported here. My mazda 3 have been bullet proof to 70,000, still made in japan. Odyssey in A

12345...33