2019 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Not that great of gas mileage
By Brian D.

2019 Honda Insight EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have almost 6000 miles on the car and I have only averaged 41.6 MPG. I have a 25 mile commute and I average 75 MPH. When the weather got colder I noticed my mileage dropped from 41 to 36-37 because the engine has to "warm up" before EV mode will kick in. The car is garage kept so it's not frozen by any means. I am not super happy and have never gotten anywhere near 50 MPG as advertised. Would I buy the car again? Probably not.

New owner. Can’t possibly answer every question.
By Ed

2019 Honda Insight Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I did lots of research before I bought this vehicle. It all paid off. I’m getting over 48 MPG on highway and over 52 MPG in city. I bought the touring version, which is heavier than the EX or the LX. Since the car is brand new, I am assuming that the mileage will improve over time. But, it is seriously fun to drive. This is my first hybrid, and I am deeply satisfied with this fine machine.

With some “Insight” you too will get the new Honda
By Ed Small

2019 Honda Insight LX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very pleased with the new car’s comfort, ride and mileage. I will be saving hundreds of dollars a year on gas alone.

Can't believe it is a hybrid.
By Tim

2019 Honda Insight Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So far I have been getting super fuel economy. I haven't taken any long trips yet but for local travel I have been getting fuel economy in the high forties. The cabin is a little cramped in the back but I don't use the back seat for adults. The technical safety features are great. The interior quality is great and the car performs like a conventional sedan. when in the sport mode ( I have the touring model) using the paddle shifters it really takes off. In when you accelerate it's a little noisy but that doesn't bother me.

Don’t expect reliability .
By Hybridornohybrid

2019 Honda Insight EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle has great gas mileage but it’s not reliable at all. The car has little over 2500 miles and I already had to take it to service twice. First it was rear shock replacement and two recalls and second time loud rumbling noise coming from front left.(Service Dept didn’t even bother to explain to me what the problem was) The brakes makes this creaky noise everytime you come to a full stop and the worst part is you have to deal with unfriendly/unresponsive dealerships that don’t even care. Stay away from Honda insight and you won’t be disappointed.