2017 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HR-V model:

Great car other than a few minor details
By Kristen

2017 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

When I first purchased the HR-V I loved it. It drove better than my previous car had a sun roof, blue tooth and I love the camera features that come with it, such as the right turn camera located in the side mirror (I dont understand why they couldn't have put that on the left side too). After a month of owning the car I was rear ended at a traffic light and ever since, my HR-V hasnt been right. The dealership replaced my back hatch and all was good. Until it started making a rattling noise which they say was the strut. So after replacing that I've since been in and out of the dealership for the same noise. They have replaced both struts, shocks and anything they could think of that would be the problem. A couple weeks went by and the problem seemed to be fixed, but nope. Still making that noise and it drives me crazy. I shouldnt be having this problem with a brand new vehicle. The review I really wanted to leave about this car is about the windshield. Im not sure if anyone else has this problem but I feel like the windshield is at a weird angle or too close to the driver because the way the sun beats down on me is like no other car I've been in. I have to turn the A/C on full blast at my fact to even feel a little of it. This in turn makes my feet and overall body sweat while im driving and I hate it. I hope I'm not the only one having this problem. My last complaint is that I hate the 4-cylinder but thats not a problem with the car just my personal preference. I do see they came out with a turbo option in the 2018 version which would have been nice. Overall, I love the car but just wish I could change the windshield.

Great car and value
By Roland Morin

2017 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

MPG not bad for AWD

CRV to HRV
By THOMAS AMARO

2017 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I went from owning an 08 CRV and it was the best reliable vehicle ever owned. I trade because of high miles, it was time. The HRV is a wonderful car, peppy, roomy and just what I need.

hrv it's how i roll
By David

2017 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

i wouldn't buy an entry level if only cause i cant live w/o a sunroof. the AWD / CVT version is fine (way better than Subaru) and I pretty much only use the Sport configuration when driving in the mountains; around town fuel economy v. acceleration is fine in Econ mode. Fit and finish is typical great Honda strength.

So far like it
By Julie

2017 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

So far so good great in snow