2017 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HR-V model:

Wouldn’t buy another ever
By Jenn

2017 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great for fuel mileage and traction. Not comfortable to sit in for any period of time, no room for teenage kids. Cruise control is “wonky”, dealership charges an arm and a leg for maintenance.! Warranties/extra packages depreciate fast! Overall 2!

40k miles, leaking shocks ruined tires
By TJ

2017 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After only 40k miles the rear shocks were leaking and ruined my tires. The extended warranty does not cover tires. Obviously I was thinking no problem, the tires aren't worn out, the leaking shocks caused the feathering on the tires which caused excessive road noise and vibration. Although the defective shocks caused the problem the warranty still will not cover the tires. New (installed) tires are $250 each. Aside from that, the gas tank under the front seat is uncomfortable you cannot put your feet near the seat, only forward when resting your non driving leg. The charging ports are in the worst location ever. Don't expect to be able to reach them while driving. The cup holders are too deep or too short. Try putting a 16oz coffee cup in there. You can't get it back out and if you put the flap down to raise the cup up it will topple ever and spill. The seats are uncomfortable and make your lower back hurt. Had to turn the head rest backward or you have to slouch because it's angled so far forward. The interior material is very cheap as is the rest of the car. The plastic handle jams and is going to break any day now. This car is 1.5 years old with lots of highway miles. The only thing I REALLY like is how the back seats flip up or lay down for more storage. Good price point but I guess you get what you pay for. 36 mpg average is good too.

Great car other than a few minor details
By Kristen

2017 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

When I first purchased the HR-V I loved it. It drove better than my previous car had a sun roof, blue tooth and I love the camera features that come with it, such as the right turn camera located in the side mirror (I dont understand why they couldn't have put that on the left side too). After a month of owning the car I was rear ended at a traffic light and ever since, my HR-V hasnt been right. The dealership replaced my back hatch and all was good. Until it started making a rattling noise which they say was the strut. So after replacing that I've since been in and out of the dealership for the same noise. They have replaced both struts, shocks and anything they could think of that would be the problem. A couple weeks went by and the problem seemed to be fixed, but nope. Still making that noise and it drives me crazy. I shouldnt be having this problem with a brand new vehicle. The review I really wanted to leave about this car is about the windshield. Im not sure if anyone else has this problem but I feel like the windshield is at a weird angle or too close to the driver because the way the sun beats down on me is like no other car I've been in. I have to turn the A/C on full blast at my fact to even feel a little of it. This in turn makes my feet and overall body sweat while im driving and I hate it. I hope I'm not the only one having this problem. My last complaint is that I hate the 4-cylinder but thats not a problem with the car just my personal preference. I do see they came out with a turbo option in the 2018 version which would have been nice. Overall, I love the car but just wish I could change the windshield.

Great car and value
By Roland Morin

2017 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

MPG not bad for AWD

CRV to HRV
By THOMAS AMARO

2017 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I went from owning an 08 CRV and it was the best reliable vehicle ever owned. I trade because of high miles, it was time. The HRV is a wonderful car, peppy, roomy and just what I need.