Used 2016 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda HR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HR-V model:

Perfect College Student Car
By JD

2016 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I may be biased because this is exactly the car I was shopping for, and purchasing a 2016 model for $15.4K when new ones are going for $24K was sweet. My third Honda - should go to 300K miles.

3 time Honda Owner
By Jay

2016 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great sub compact SUV. Great value for price but could use better interior design and give LED headlights and fog lights instead of the yellow halogen lights from the 1990’s. Had to install after market LED lights for both head and fog lights. The drive for this 2016 Honda HR V Ex AWD is ok feels like a civic. Could have given more horsepower instead of 140 in a SUV. You hear the wind noise driving. So better insulation for this as well. I’m a car lover so for me I would give this an overall rating of a 4 star.

Fixing your HRV
By AL

2016 Honda HR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is more of a question than a review. I'm looking to buy a Honda HRV. Are they easy cars to do work on myself or do I have to bring this to a shop or dealer?

Love my honda!
By Rebecca

2016 Honda HR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got this little SUV because I had a jeep liberty and wanted something that still sat up off the ground a bit, had the storage of my jeep, and still felt "sporty" but was better on gas. Few things I love about this car. One the gas on it is amazing I live in Hawaii and although it's a small island I still drive quite a bit and I dont fill up but once every 2 weeks sometimes even longer. The seats sit up higher than a sedan so I still feel like I can see my surroundings and it's pretty easy to get in and out of. I'm not climbing to get in nor am I squatting to get down in it. Perfect combination. I love how this car handles the road. It hugs every curve you go through and switches lanes with ease. Which brings me to the right side mirror. Mine has the side view so u can see into the other lane by a camera on your radio, which I thought at first I would never use but I'm almost half dependent on it now. I dont feel like theres too many blind spots when checking over my shoulders to switch lanes either which is nice. The driverside mirror doesnt come with the lane watch but there is a small section already built in so you can see what's over there. The storage is great I love that I can choose to flip my rear seats up and they will stay that way as long as the bar is tucked down allowing for way more space for taller objects. The back seats also fold down completely flat and makes the entire trunk space get at least 1/3rd bigger. I'm about 5'10" and feel like I could sleep back there. That also brings me to the room in the car. Being this tall I didnt want a car that I would feel cramped I and I have plenty of head clearance. The back seats also have plenty of leg room so us tall people can fit wherever in this car. The heated seats are awesome too (eventually I'll use them again) but they were amazing in the winter time with the different settings for it. The speakers and radio functions are decent as well. I'm not 18 anymore and dont care to have a "system" in my car but this little thing will give you just the right amount of bass if your desire it. Also the radio functions are super easy to figure out. Easy to pair bluetooth with and easy to customize the color scheme to what you may want. The screen is also a touch screen and fairly sensitive so your not spending half of your time mashing your radio to get it to work. There are multiple charging options in this little car too which can prove to be more amazing than not so if you just have a USB or a actual car charger theres a place to plus your phone in about 3 total I do believe and that's just the front. The rear backup camera sits low to the ground so you can actually see where your going and dont feel like your backing up a truck. Which I have seen in other cars. So i personally feel more confident when using it. Although the backup camera is great theres a few things i would improve on it. Theres no beeping to indicate your getting close to something. There is colors showing if your in the clear or not but a beep would be nice. Also I've seen in other cars where it will help you back straight in and your car wont be half sideways. Not the case with this camera. As long as your wheels are straight it says your straight. I would fix that. The headrest are also very comfortable, it's like they have been lined with memory foam almost. One of my favorite features. So now some of the the things I dont like or would change. This is a small car and isnt meant to go 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. If your going up a hill and trying to get around a car super fast your gonna tell your car isnt up for that but other than that I have no problem it accelerates just fine to me other than getting up a hill super fast. The windshield is a little long for me but then again I'm coming from a jeep to a small SUV. And last con would be the break hold. I very VERY rarely use it. It works as its suppose to I just think it's really a useless feature that the car has. Overall I love my honda and even though I settled with this car (I wanted a Mazda cx5) I'm happy I did. I feel safe and can see all around in the car and I dont get the urge to mash the gas and go (which wouldnt really work to well in the first place) so if your 16 and its your first car or 26 and you need a family car or 96 and need something more for you I think that the honda HRV is a all around win. Sporty enough to suit the weekenders who wander but still safe and family enough to suit everybody else. Buy the car you wont be disappointed.

Just what I needed!
By clare

2016 Honda HR-V LX 4dr SUV (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This model is just a little smaller than Honda CRV. Lots of versatility in cargo configurations. The Magic Seat is great! Very smooth ride and good pick up but if you need a little more, you just put it in the Sport Gear and Go! This was a 2 year old car but an upgrade from my 2007 Dodge Caliber. I didn't want a lot of extras on this car, that is why I chose the LX not the EX. I love this car - its a nice dark green too, which is not like everyone else's!