Used 2016 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great first car for your daughter
By Robert Lester

2016 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

A very good mpg car has good storage, and dependable.

Very nice small car
By Bob

2016 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

When buying a small car one of the last things to consider is the "what if" something with larger needs occurs. I am pleased to say nothing has occured. This car has so much more usable room than my Hyundai Elantra I marvel every day.

Fits fit me
By richarad kite

2016 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Improvement on this model are beyond the original in handling and stability. Electronic improvements are adequate compared with the newest model year.

The Underadvertised Wonder Ain't So Wonderful
By C.Nowicki

2016 Honda Fit EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love old Hondas. I have a '92 civic 5 speed with 289,000 miles that gets 40+ MPG, and a ''98 van with a V Tech and 280,000 miles.
A year ago in May 2017, after extensive car research and reading ALL positive 5 star online reviews, I bought my daughter a used 2015 Fit EX for graduation. We took a road trip from NC to PA through West Virginia to test it out. It got over 42 MPG. It climbed the WV mountains fluidly and powerfully without excessive downshift. The "Lane Watch" is super and helpful when merging right. The ride is smooth, the steering is responsive with a tight turning radius. Great headroom, and lots of legroom in the back seat. Cargo room is unbelievable.
But the NEGATIVES are: the excessive road noise (which is similar to my van) the touch screen radio...complicated to adjust, knobs are much better, and the seats are flat and fatigue on long drives needing more foam. Serious negatives discovered since purchase are that the wiper fluid tubes under the thin plastic hood (bonnet) cowling next to the winshield (windscreen) freeze solid in the winter and don't work...dangerous...another lady in the same car was at the same rest stop with the same problem in a blizzard. You MUST use fluid with alcohol in it that cannot freeze if in cold areas of the country. We have replaced the brand new tires already as they cupped badly in less than a year; not knowing that the Fit rear axel is a fixed one (design flaw) and any slight front alignment issue cups the tires. $800 for new Michelins as very few companies make "skinny tires" for the sport wheels. The alignment must be adjusted every time the oil is changed or as often as possible. We have replaced the under-motor plastic dirt shield 3x at $230 a pop! In one year. The car rides with such a low road clearance, that if you go over speed bumps or railroad tracks it knocks it loose then splits it in half. My daughter is a new college grad with school loans and can't afford all of these contant repairs, so I am paying! As a first year teacher in a rural country area...she encounters speed bumps and tracks galore! The mechanics see her so often, that they removed the mounting screws and use zip ties to keep the shield on until it splits in half again! My daughter moved into an apartment, with almost all of the same room contents in the back of that little car, as I had crammed into the full size van. She just got a full size futon home in it! Flipping down the seats for cargo mode is effortless. Truly amazing! That is its best feature! She still likes it, and so do I, but it is a city car for perfectly smooth roads, or people that don't drive too much. Had ANY of the online reviews mentioned the low ride and clearance, and the non-adjustable fixed rear axel, I would have bought her a Nissan Versa Note or Mazda 3 5- door instead. A shame Honda.

My new "Yellow Tweedy Bird"
By Sue Johnston

2016 Honda Fit LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love Honda and I love Honda Fits. I had a sport model for 8 years. Did like it better as it had fun wheel rims and much more speed. For some reason they discontinued this model. The new one is fine , but it doesn't get the gas mileage that it said on the sticker. I don't think it's broken in enough yet however; so I am reserving judgement on that right now. Seems to be a lot roomer than the old one. Miss the boxes in the wall in the trunk area from the old one. The other thing is the "junk" box between the 2 front seats is very awkward to get into. The top raises from the front and you can't see inside. I think it should have opened on the side. Also very small, like it was an after thought. The seat fold down in the back is much easier than the old one as you don't have to remove the headrests to put them down. I also like the cup holder on the dash by the steering wheel! Very convenient to grab a drink without looking down! I do wish that the windows would come tinted as some of my friends new cars did. Has lots of plugs for the tech stuff. Even one in the "junk" box. It does have a lot of road noise. I have read that you can have soundproofing put in. I may have to look into that. Otherwise, so far it's another great purchase.