2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Impressions after 5 weeks

2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Impressions after 5 weeks
By steven6868 on

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving an Integra for 12 years, it's quite an adjustment switching to an SUV.

The back up camera in en excellent tool, but should not be used exclusively when in reverse - there's still no substitute for looking out that back.

The city gas mileage is way lower than I expected: 16 mpg is the highest I've gotten and this is driving with conserving gas in mind.
Highway is more acceptable at 26 mpg.

I got this in the winter time and it is colder than usual. The heater in the CR-V takes several minutes to get going and provide heat. Just as I start to feel comfortable, I have arrived at my destination (work commute is less than 15 minutes.)

AWD is really nice. Great peace of mind knowing that snow isn't going to keep me in the house. With elderly parents who may need my help in an emergency, this certainly is one less worry. Didn't get Sirius radio, but hooking my phone into the sound system is fantastic. Radio stations in my area are absolutely terrible! Listening to songs on my phone or Pandora is an excellent substitute.

I like to kick my shoes on the body molding (?) of the door to get the snow off the bottom. This is flimsy on the CR-V. Wish it was more solid. I'd like the heater to warm up faster. I'll be testing the A/C later this year. As an SUV, I also wish it felt more powerful. It is pretty sluggish in accelerating. Especially considering how poor the gas mileage is.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review