Used 2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Wanted to Love It - Won't Buy Another... :(
By Suzie S.

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my first CR-V earlier this year - a 2013 with 62k miles on it. It sucks! I've had the SUV for 6 months and have just put 5k miles on it. The suspension is super stiff making for an uncomfortable ride and you feel every nook and cranny in the road. If you EVER get car sick this is NOT the vehicle for you. The fuel efficiency is decent, I'm averaging 25/32, and I like the amount of storage space. In 14 years of purchasing vehicles this is my most expensive and worst riding vehicle I've ever bought. Add to it the fact that the factory moonroof, an option I did NOT even want but all the dealer had for used inventory, started leaking a few months ago and I'm stuck forking out ~$850 to fix it. The back-up camera has been ok but the bluetooth features suck for phone calls. Any time I get a call coming in I have to immediately transfer it off of bluetooth or the person on the other end says it sounds like a screeching static noise that drives them crazy. I've had several folks complain about this noise when on bluetooth. This issue takes away from the feature of having bluetooth for calls. :( I swear by Honda & Toyota vehicles all the way as Japanese craftsmanship has been unbeatable for me however this CR-V has really made me second-guess ever buying another Honda again. I expressed my dissatisfaction with this car to the dealer within a week of purchasing and they told me there was nothing they could do about it to remedy the situation. Very disappointing. At least Toyota hasn't let me down, yet. I knew I should have gone with a Highlander. :(

Honda CR-V AWD "Creak - Rattle - Vehicle"
By RRixby

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many owners report mysterious front-end "Creaking" sound, which dealers, mechanics or collision repair people cannot find or fix. Mine is no different. After spending more thab $5,000 to repair front end, the creak is still there. Honda obviously mis-designed this vehicle, but aptly named it a CR-V, an acronym for "Creak and Rattle Vehicle. The transmission also is lack-luster, omitting manual electronic shifting through four gears, useful on mountain roads (Toyota includes this vital feature). The vehicle is also under-powered and gets worse mileage than it's Toyota competitor which boasts a powerful V6. I know so much about both of these vehicles, because we own both. Do yourself a favor and avoid this mysterious Creaking wagon, which even Honda cannot figure out.

Junk
By Brian

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In repair, VTC Actuator goes out, if you like your engine taken apart at 30,000. 60,000, 100,000 Honda declines to fix problems. transmission oil needs changed every 25,000 or transmission slips, cheap leather interiors, ac went out at 80,000 on the dot. Honda makes them to fall apart asap.

Be care for VTC acutator problem
By HondaCarOwner

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Consider twice before you buy Honda. Year 2000 before is great, but not any more. plus the poor customer service.

Wouldn't drive any other car
By Keith Schnier

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV - EX - L Nav. I owned a 2010 for three years and loved it so much I gave it to my daughter. The only issue I had with it was the starter, which I had replaced at the dealer. I recently bought a 2013 model with exactly the same equipment. This car is super good-looking, comfortable, and fun to drive. It has precisely the right equipment, lots of interior room, and very economical to operate. I have been a Honda aficionado for a number of years, having owned two Civics, three Accords, a Del Sol, and two CRV's. With all these cars, I have had Super Reliability. My cars are always garage-kept and maintenance is performed religiously. Take care of your car and it will take care of you....