Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Not What I Was Expecting From A Honda
By WisconsinGuy

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I live in Wisconsin and bought the CRV so I wouldn't have problems in the snow. In that regard it's great. Actually I like a lot about it but two big problems really make me question buying another Honda in the future. The first to show up was that it can't make it between oil changes without adding oil. Honda knows there is a problem on some CRV's but after mileage test, says mine is fine and I just need to check the oil frequently. Never had a car that I had to worry about adding quarts of oil between oil changes. The second problem just happened. The air conditioner stopped working. This is at 7 years and 7 months and a little over 80,000 miles. Honda has a service bulletin involving the air conditioner and extended the warranty to 7 years or 100,000 miles because they know they have a defect. Mine was a hair over $1,000 to repair and Honda would not help cover the cost at all. Getting ready to sell it before it has another expensive repair especially since the oil problem makes me believe I will not get many miles out of the engine. Toyota seems to get better marks for reliability so it looks like it's time for a switch.

Extremely Reliable
By Barry Wiegan

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife owned her 2011 Honda CR-V for 7 years and only put on 46,000 miles. Dealer gave us a good trade in value of $12,000 on a new (2018) CR-V. We had to replace tires, battery and regular oil changes. 2 or 3 recalls done under warranty. Extremely reliable and dependable vehicle. Good ride and driveability.

I bet on its engine that will last over 200K.
By Yang

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: seems like it has good engine, not that strong but lasting. It got timing chain not belt and I hope this could save me on late repair bill. I am very meticulous in keeping the car well maintained, I hope she is good to me too and the relationship between us would last for long miles (hopefully over 200k). Cons: feel hard on driver seat when road is bumpy, several rust spots appear on hatchback door a couple of years ago, battery discharging (very annoying, I believe this is Honda fault, but dealership wouldn't admit this)

No problems!
By E Ortiz

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is the best vehicle I've ever owned. No repairs needed - just maintenance. Bought it used in 2013 and it's going strong in 2018. Highly recommend.

Perfect for us
By John Kirk

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Easy to drive, good on gas, fits almost anything we have as cargo. Holds 4 adults easily and a beautiful tan leather interior. Reliable and dependable.