Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

2012 Civic

virgie, 09/01/2011

We bought a 2012 Honda Civic back in June. It is just my husband and myself and we decided to downsize. We had a 2003 Chevrolet Impala. We were disappointed with the service we got from the Impala. I was interested in buying a Toyota Corolla. My daughter has a 2004 Corolla and has gotten excellent service. For example she still has the original battery. The Corolla has only had to have routine service work (oil changes, brakes, and tires). When the time came to ditch the Impala we had trouble finding Corolla's. So we went and looked at Civics. I loved the dash inside the car. I love the Econ. feature. We loved the way the car handles.

2012 Honda Civic

JoJo91, 07/31/2015
EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great, solid vehicle. I had this car for closing in on two years and it never gave me an issue. I purchased it with 7700 miles and put nearly 33,000 miles on with not a single major problem. The biggest issue I had was having to change a fuse. Great car, took me and my sibling from New Mexico to Nevada with not a single hesitation. Drove it 70 MPH is pouring rain and there wasn't a single near accident scare. I loved the heck out of this car and I miss it every day. Never gave me a problem, gave me great gas mileage, and still got many compliments over our year and eight months together. This car was my baby and I think I will always miss it. He got totaled in an accident and I was (and still am) devastated. Airbags deployed perfectly- no question. Great car. I would highly recommend.

Good Car With Some Notable Exceptions

terrainorg, 06/14/2012

I've driven Hondas for a long time now, so had high expectations with my Civic EX sedan. Unfortunately, I find the new Civic pretty underwhelming, based primarily on two factors: 1) Road noise, caused by a cardboard-thin floorboard. It's not wind noise but rather noise coming up from underneath; loudest sedan I've ever driven in that respect. 2) I'm 6'5", and had no problem with comfort on the test drive. But after several weeks I still cannot find a comfort zone with the seat (headroom is fine). That could easily be solved by an electronic seat, which the Civic EX (like the Accord) should offer. There are lots of things I really like, but if I had to do it all over, I'd get another car.

loving this car

12civicowner, 12/11/2011

I gave up my aging 2000 accord ex-v6 for the '12 civic and have no regrets. Originally my goal was to get a Honda fit which handled nicely and had good utility space but when I sat in a Civic, it was a whole different story. The drivers seat felt great(fit's seat felt stiff) and my eyes were drawn to the dashboard. Immediately I was impressed. I test drove it twice at 2 different dealers and fell in love with it and knew i had to go home with it that day. The gas milage is excellent and when I'm sitting in it I don't feel cramped at all. I will be enjoying this car for a very long time.

Best value for money plus gr8 ride&handling

hondaowner12, 08/03/2011

We have been honda customers for a while..own a 99 accord (has crossed 225000 miles) which stills runs nicely and gives 35mileage..had leased 2007 accord which we loved. I recently bought 2012 civic and I love it. Moving from accord to civic may seem like a downgrade, but the priorities have changed, mileage and monthly cost being the top. The other option we considered was prius..But $7-8K additional price gives me -ve NPV over 5years..also I got 0.9 APR from honda financial My new civic gives me avg 42+mileage (I am mostly on freeway)..comfortable and spacious seats (for my 6'1" hubby too)..smooth ride&handling..

12345...35