Used 2011 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car....mechanically
By Gordon

2011 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Unless you get a great deal avoid the EX-L model. After 3 years of ownership the front leather seats started to crack. The genuine imitation leather on the door armrests and center armrest started peeling and bubbling. Other than the cheap interior the car has been great. I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever.

An appliance
By Mtn

2011 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good car overall if you just want to get from point A to B. This car didn’t have character, soul or passion. It was like owning a fairly reliable appliance. The steering was numb, visibility ahead around corners poor, and the brakes didn’t inspire confidence. The moonroof was nice, controls logical, and it was comfortable to sit in on long trips.

Too loud
By Jen

2011 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can't handle the road noise. There is a huge blind spot front left. The interior has some issues even tho it's been treated like a baby. Little power on interstate going up North Carolina Mountains. It is very reliable. It's never had to go into the shop. Paint has held up nicely. I've had this car 7 years. Dont try to put a average adult in the back, there isn't much leg room.

No regrets - still happy after six years
By Fred

2011 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new back in 2011 and have a little over 90,000 miles on it now. Other than the passenger air bag recall (which was free), I've had exactly ZERO non-scheduled visits to the dealer, nothing but regularly scheduled services. This car has done multiple 3,000 mile road trips in summer across the California and Arizona deserts and winter, including blizzards (which I wouldn't advise no matter what you're driving). This car has always been dependable. On the long trips, I've gotten as much as 39 mpg and never less than 35 mpg. Doing short hop, day-to-day driving, I've never gotten less than 25 mpg and usually get in the 27 mpg range. The interior has held up including the driver seat (no holes worn into the bolster where I get in and out like in a previous car). I'm a about 6'2", and I don't need to have the driver seat all the way back to be comfortable. The seats have been very comfortable on those long drives, much better than those in my wife's new Subaru Outback. My paint (white) has had no issues whatsoever with unusual chipping. No fading of the primary paint at all. The only paint that's faded at all is the paint on the black trim strips where the front and rear doors meet, but from what I can tell, that's very common with cars having that same black trim. My only complaints have been with the Honda dealer where I formerly had my car serviced. In winter, they filled the washer fluid reservoir with plain water which promptly froze when I drove up in the mountains. On another visit, they charged me $90 to rotate my tires, but they didn't actually rotate my tires (they were marked). I didn't notice this at first, but a week or two later when I did, I called the dealer, and they said they check to see if the tires need rotation but only rotate them if they need it, so they charged me $90 to look at my tires. That was my last visit to that dealer for service.

Great car, made to last
By BrockFromAtlanta

2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great gas mileage, comfortable seats, big cargo space, great handling, easy to maintain( if you are handy), very satisfied customer.