Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 576 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Gone Baby Gone (2008)
By Gero

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Edmunds private sale stats are bunk.

Honda Motor Crazy For No Longe Making CNG Car’s!!!
By John

2008 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Quality Car, >45 mpg Highway, CNG $2.10/gallon... why did they stop making this car??? With a new CNG station on I-5 at Buttonwillow, you can drive from the Bay Area to San Diego with 1 gas stop. And it seems it would be greener to burn CNG in the engine to make the wheels go around vs. burning natural gas at the power plant, loose some of the energy over the power lines on it’s way to your EV’s Battery, suffer more losses in and out of the Battery, and more losses in the electric motor... to make the wheels go around!

Give the CRV a whirl and you will love this car
By Linda Stewart

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased new in 2009 so I have driven it for almost 10 years. If you have a bad back or your a senior like me it sits a little to close to the ground for comfort. It is very difficult to exit for a senior. This is the only negative thing I have to say about this car. The fuel economy is great & trunk space is huge for such a little car. I love the heated seats for winter & sun roof. It is easy to park & drive with great handling ability.

Great Little Car
By Tony L

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L since February of 2008. In the 180K+ miles, the only issues I have had was an air conditioner relay and both visors broke and were replaced free of charge due to a safety recall. I have done the regular scheduled maintenance and the car has never let me down. I purchased this car to lessen the expense of my 90 mile daily commute to and from work. I have now retired and will likely replace this car with a new Accord that will provide more comfort and quieter ride. The only complaints I have are the lack of Bluetooth and a little more road noise than I would like. It is a sedan and will carry 4 people, however the ride suffers with 4 large adults. Two adults up front and kids in the back set is no problem. I have owned Honda/Acura products since 1985 and have always gotten exceptional service from all of them.

Holy. Cow. !!!!
By Zilla

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Civic is truly like a fine wine. It aged so well and maintains its reliability . Room inside is improved and cabin is quiter. Few things need improving ... . Sunvisor. Using cheap a/c relays, blower motor reliability is bad, and I've had these problems as have many owners. However never had a problem getting to point a. To b. Skimping on these things are not like honda and they need to watch their quality control on all components as this can lead customers to think all quality may be slipping .