Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 537 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fun and frisky sport model
By Nancy

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven my Honda Si coupe for 9 years and absolutely love it. Smooth shifting, great pick-up and highway speed ride, sport suspension and wheels, and cute and sporty to boot. Grab one if you can find one!

do not buy this model car
By nwynn

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

the worst car I have ever owned, I went thru soo many tires , I could've paid for another car with the amount of money I spent on new tires, then because of a sensor problem the engine overheated and I had to buy another motor, of course because I used the car as a daily commuter car , my warranty was out within the 1st year of driving it, it rated at 40 mpg, I may have averaged 30 mpg at the most, the car vibrated badly, Honda motor company could care less about any of my problems,

Good car with few issues
By Ajay

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car ride is good , it's very reliable. Maintenance is easy and cheap. I have driven 147500 miles. Few issues I had were visor replacement, speaker replacement and after 8 years exterior paint job. I was expecting more out of Honda but I think Toyota, kia, hyundai, Mazda are also great choices. Honda needs to improve to differentiate itself.

Cracked Engine Block. Honda Doesnt back product!
By Scott Lewis

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX coupe with only 99k miles and due to a manufacturing defect now has a cracked engine block. Honda has a service bulletin #10-048 which states the 2007 Civic and other years have manufacturing defect. My civic started over heating on Dec.25th 2017 on the way out to my families house for Christmas and I had to pull to the side of the road due to the overheating and smoke we saw coming from the engine. After looking under the hood I saw there was no coolant in the reservoir and I couldn't detect a coolant leak. The next day Dec.26th 2017 I replaced the thermostat on my civic presuming that the thermostat was sticking and coolant was not circulating. That was obviously not the case because yet again the next day Dec.27th 2017 it overheated and I had to pull to the side of the road and noticed a severe coolant leak coming from the engine block. When I got the car home I did some research and noticed a Honda service bulletin (above) and saw we were not the only ones having this issue. We called American Honda and they started a case for us and recommended that we take it to our local Honda to be inspected further. We made a appointment for the inspection and after Honda inspected it they diagnosed it with a cracked engine block. This is do to their faulty defected product. Honda should stand behind their product and fix the issue. This car was meticulously maintained by my local Honda and has been in the family. We were never notified of this bulletin or else we would had brought our civic in sooner before there supposed extra 10 year warranty expired. It shouldn't matter how many years Honda knows this is a ongoing issue and it will continue to happen if it doesn't get taken care of the right way. This could potentially be a dangerous situation and I believe Honda needs to step up.

10 years and counting.
By Michael G

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Si new in 2007 and I've loved it ever since. A poor man's sports car. Love the 8g redline and the handling with the right tires. Thinking about buying a new one but with the 6500 rpm redline and the reported poor performance, I'm reluctant. Nothing has gone wrong with this car. Tires, battery and oil changes of course, and it still runs like hell. Best Si they have ever made.