Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...39

Pros
Cons

2000 Civic

JG, 06/30/2008

I bought this car new and it has been well worth the money. It has never needed repairs just minor routine maintenance. The gas mileage is great and the reliability is awesome. 160K miles and going strong. I will keep this car until it just wont go any longer, I'm thinking 250K miles easy.

Must buy civic version. Better than 2001

Great Car. , 07/08/2008

Driven the car to San Diego from Bayarea and to Reno. Gas mileage 33- 37 MPG is comparable to Civic Hybrid 41 MPG (had 04'Hybrid). Do not bother to purchase Civic hybrid cos it will not get even close to 45 MPG let alone 50 MPG. Sold it and bought yr 2000 for the better power and better driving experience than my other 4-dr 01' EX. Not sure bout Civic EX 2002-2008 version of Civic.

Great Car!

HappyOne, 08/09/2008

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

Impressive

Lee, 08/21/2008

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Great car, just not that big

samiam11, 11/14/2008

I bought this car as an upgrade from my 1996 hatch and it was a definite change. There is definitely more power and throwing in power steering doesn't hurt the situation. The power in the car won't put you pack in your seat (maybe at the higher end of first gear), but it's a nice change from the paltry 106 hp of the lower end models. The car has done nothing but run great for me. The only problems I've had are that the alignment of my driver's side window motor turned bad, but I fix all things myself and it was quite easy. The other problem was that the exhaust pipe rusted through, which was also a problem on my other Honda. Again, not much of a problem and an easy fix.

12345...39