Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
12345...36

Pros
Cons

First new Accord

Stephanie Barrocas, 10/09/2016
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car with great acceleration and comfort. i like to sport mode when i am traveling on the expressways. I allows me to hammer down and pass with ease.

Reliable Brand at a Great Value

Justin V, 05/08/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

About the car buying process: It had been 14 years since I last purchased a new car and so I was bracing for the exhausting price haggling process and drama. However, this time around, I took the advice of a friend and utilized a few different sites to see what the best available price was for my car, printed out the certificate and went to the dealership that had the car I was interested in stock. After test driving the car, I told the salesman I was interested in purchasing the car and handed him the certificate. From there, he simply added the required sales tax, title and tag fees. Honda's 0.9% financing made the deal even sweeter. Done! Now, about the car itself: I've only had this car for almost a month and have driven 300 miles, but I am very impressed with this Honda Accord Sedan Sport. While I wish that certain amenities were standardly available in the Sport trim (Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Homelink, Apple Carplay/Android Auto, Heated front seats), I still believe that this car is priced very well and provides a great value. Moreover, there are not many mid-size, family sedans that are fun to drive, priced well below $30,000 AND offer a 6-speed manual transmission. The 19" OEM wheels on this Sport model definitely caught my attention--one of the best-looking wheels in my opinion--which is why I was not interested in the EX model. I was concerned that this choice would result in a harsher ride quality than one of my other cars (Infiniti G35 Coupe riding on 18" wheels), but to my surprise, the suspension on the Accord has made it rather comfortable! And, with Honda's reputation of being a reliable, trouble-free car (of course when proper and timely maintenance is being performed), I think the decision is clear for anyone in the market for a family sedan. Update (08-Nov-2017): just passed 7 months of ownership and 4,000 miles in. Oil life indicator showing 50% remaining. Averaging 27-28 mpg of mixed driving. On highway road trip, I achieved ~32 mpg. Overall, very pleased with purchase and no complaints on drive quality. Update (17-May-2018): completed 13 months of ownership with 8,500 miles. Oil & filter change along with tire rotation at the 1 year mark. Still averaging about 27-28 mpg. The ride is still very compliant even with 19" wheels. Update (22-Nov-2019): it's been 2.5 years (28,8xx miles) and no complaints! I needed to replace a tire due to road debris creating a puncture, but aside from that, no major expenses--just oil change and tire rotation.

In tune with my coupe

John, 11/29/2016
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car. It is stylish, quick and a great ride. I do not understand why there is not more positive noise about this car.

Great Vehicle

David Garrett, 09/24/2016
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I knocked off 1 star from the reliability because the battery had to be replaced two weeks after purchasing the new vehicle. Other than that, I love my 2017 Honda Accord Touring!!!

Performance, Style and Reliability

Andrew Cummings, 12/19/2016
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking to strike a balance between price, performance, reliability, and style. I was considering higher end vehicles... like the Acura TLX. The Honda Accord V6 Touring gives me what I want in a daily driver... at about 10k less. I had an '06 Accord V6 before this... and had such a great ownership experience, it was a no-brainer to get another one. If I had any ability to 'influence' any of the car's design/features... it would be to encourage them to take another round of refinement at the infotainment system. It's pretty good, to be fair, but as a software engineer... it's really evident that they CPU they're using is too slow. If you want to just quickly check your milage while the car is off... it takes about 30 seconds to a minute. The 'boot' time... is inexcusably slow. The Apple CarPlay is wonderful... And... it could use another round of refinement, in terms of integration. I see this is a Honda issue, not an Apple issue. It makes me wish that Apple had written the software for the whole infotainment system. All of this said... this is a fantastic car... I've only driven it 1200 miles... so it's still brand new for me... but I'm already clear that I made a great choice. UPDATE: I just hit 44,000 miles this morning. I still feel the same way about the car. I've adjusted to the incredibly poor infotainment system and just written it off as a growing pain. So many things are irritating about it from it's slow start to the ill-thought out trip computer, to the fact that you can't continue to listen to the radio while filling up with gas without a 30+ second reboot of the ridiculous system. That said... I love the rest of the car. It's so solid, handles well, has plenty of power, and the overall quality and ownership experience is fantastic. My dealer, Bronx Honda are generally inept... but the car is so solid, it hasn't had a huge impact.

12345...36