Used 2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Sense(less)
By Jerry

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 w/Navigation and Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Honda sensing has some glitches: it has the annoying habit of braking when changing lanes, which can be very disconcerting stopping between lanes on a highway, the "brake" warning is extremely sensitive. The lane change camera ( which has been discontinued) completely "washes out" in rain, all you see on the instrument screen is water! The ridiculous spit mirror on drivers side - Fortunately both features have been discarded for the warning in the side view mirrors.

Typical Honda value and reliability, but sporty
By Louis Poindexter

2016 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car 13 months ago from a Honda dealer with 3K miles on the odometer, it was actually titled to the Honda service department, but it wasn't their loaner. I got almost a new car at a fair price and it came with a CPO warranty with the remainder of the original warranty. I now have 10k miles on it after 13 months. My driving time is split between this and a 2006 Toyota Tundra. Last year my sister needed a car so I sold her my 2013 Nissan Altima. I wanted to update to something mid-sized, sportier, economical, reliable, quiet on the inside, and not break the bank. I also wanted updated electronics (which the Altima was actually pretty good, and in some cases better), something to interface with my smartphone with ondash controls for Pandora, Amazon music, etc. The selection is pretty slim in coupes with that criteria these days, so after considerable research and looking, this coupe was basically the logical choice. But I almost changed my mind after test driving a V6 EX-L model (2016), it met all my criteria except the engine and road noise was too loud and unacceptable. I think my mind was already made up before the drive and I wanted so bad to love it, but just couldn't. I was back at square one without Honda as a choice, but luckily I decided to give the 4 cylinder a chance when a really good deal popped up on the radar at my local dealer. In the first mile of the test drive I thought I was in a different car, it was quieter and much smoother. So I made the deal. Now for ownership: the trunk space is excellent- it has a lot of room for a coupe which also expands with the fold-down seats. The interior is very good quality, but I detest the piano gloss black finish on the console. The electronics are good, interface with my Android very good*, but the audio is abysmal- which was my first project to improve. *One quirk with the interface is the difference in functionality between Bluetooth and the USB connection. For full use of on-screen control and additional features you need to connect with a USB cable, an inconvenience when you're in and out of the car on short jaunts around town. The seats are very comfortable and provide plenty of support, and does anybody really care about the comfort of rear seats in a coupe? The visibility is pretty good and the blind-spot camera/monitor in the passenger mirror is a bonus. Handling is excellent, steering feedback a little vague, acceleration pretty good for a 4 banger, but mileage is excellent and even better if you drive economically. I drove the first 1K miles in normal mode and have been in 'Economy' since, it added a few MPG to my already miserly driving habits. The headlights are fantastic, and the CVT is as smooth as it gets. On that note: my primary reason for first wanting a V-6 was not for performance (ok, maybe a little bit), but for a normal 'geared' transmission. I like the CVT's but am wary since most problems almost always require a new replacement transmission (and few transmission shops work on them). At least the typical transmission can be repaired or rebuilt (and not necessarily at the dealer!). Now for a few of the cons: the exterior panel fit could be a little better. The gaps around my hood are not equal, especially by the hinge mounts, even the gas door protruded which I remedied. Badging: this may be inconsequential to most everyone, but please Honda- I don't need a rear "H" emblem someone a quarter mile away can read! You almost foiled my attempt to remove/replace it with the 2 locating/mounting pins, but I managed. The car came with low profile rims/tires, which demand attention when parking and driving near curbs. The ride is good considering that fact, but it might be contributing to some road noise by the front wheel wells. Either that or it's just systemic to Hondas, a problem I've had in everyone I'm owned- leading me to add noise-mat and insulation to the wells and doors. Back to the point, I would've preferred a normal size rim/tire combo. And for the people who buy a coupe and then complain about, visibility, or how low it is to get into or out of, and back seats too small for most adults- you're stupid. It's like getting a car with a V-12 and complaining about fuel mileage. Judge a car for the intended purpose. Sorry, I just had to say that. Overall, if you're in the market for an affordable, reliable 2-door car, you can't ignore the Honda Coupe. If you're comparing this to Camaro's, Mustangs, Challenger's, etc., don't- you're in the wrong park. If you don't already know why, I won't be able to explain it to you. Tha, tha, that's all folks!

Helen’s Honda
By RichW

2016 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent vehicle, no major or minor issues. Handles great, smooth ride, comfortable and great gas mileage.

BRZ's big brother
By Witness Protection 1

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted something sporty and with a manual. Test drove a GTI, which was fine but not all that exciting, plus reliability questions. Also a Fiesta ST which was a lot more fun, but rough ride and kinda slow in a straight line. Also the Focus ST, which was roomier and more powerful but pretty cheap on the inside, with its plebian slip showing. The BRZ was a cut above the rest in terms of handling but underpowered and just too small for my 6'3" frame. And then I drove the Accord Coupe 6MT. Wow. This thing is a sophisticated monster that moves easily from being an aggressive sports car to a pleasant highway cruiser. The engine always has more, and the sound it makes is just right. No turbo lag b/c it is a naturally aspirated V6. It is as though someone took the BRZ, made it bigger, and gave it a more powerful engine. I have had the Accord a few months now, and my only regret is that they don't make them anymore. Power, sophistication, reliability. And fun. Jack Baruth is right about these things. If you can find one in good shape on the used market, grab it before it is gone.

read before buying sport with 19 inch rims
By travis

2016 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

dealer nor honda stand behind known problem!! 2016 honda accord sport has had a loud noise since day one when bought brand new. they say it's a known problem between honda and rim manufacturers and tire manufacturers only on 19 inch rims. they told me to replace with michallin tires to fix at my cost ! why cost me ? stokes honda north in south Carolina and honda will do nothing for me for a issue with tires slipping on the rims ! that they have known about !