Used 2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 271 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

read before buying sport with 19 inch rims
By travis

2016 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

dealer nor honda stand behind known problem!! 2016 honda accord sport has had a loud noise since day one when bought brand new. they say it's a known problem between honda and rim manufacturers and tire manufacturers only on 19 inch rims. they told me to replace with michallin tires to fix at my cost ! why cost me ? stokes honda north in south Carolina and honda will do nothing for me for a issue with tires slipping on the rims ! that they have known about !

Need a boost
By ?

2016 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased this 2016 thinking I may keep this car. The interior is cheap (cloth) I paid over $500 for the spray on in and out to prevent stains etc. not worth a nickel. If I get another Honda it will be leather. I was very disappointed with the comfort for the driver and passenger. You feel like your in a corvette, low and barely tall enough (I am 5’8”) to feel safe to see out! Night driving the lights aren’t the greatest on high beams. I am however very pleased with the get up and go of the engine and quite happy about the fuel mileage I get average of 35-36mpg.

Birthday Present!
By Julie

2016 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome

Honeymoon wore off after a few months
By Zurby

2016 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Going to be a bit lengthy but wanted to express my thoughts on the 2016 Accord Touring. Coming from a 07' Pontiac Grand Prix GT (V6) Looked for numerous months to find a fuel efficient yet "sporty" v6 sedan. Being 6' 2" and 250 pounds it was actually hard! Many cars I didn't fit well until the Accord. Ended up getting the Accord Touring certified used with only 32,500 miles or so in November of 2017. I was excited for all the upgrades that my Pontiac didn't have. Bluetooth, Navigation, Adaptive Cruise Control and a few other features. Actually little surprised Honda doesn't have cooled seats in the front or blind spot indicators in the mirrors. Based on all the other safety lane departure, brake system, etc. Honda guy said then you'd have to go to Acura. I figured I'd lived without it for 10+ years in the Pontiac so whatever. After owning the car for a month or so is when the horror show started and the honeymoon wore off. When driving to sell the Pontiac to a private buyer (too bad) I noticed one of the DRL (day time running light/ LED strip) was half blown on the Honda. I figured no worries "certified/under warranty" called up the dealer I bought it at (Honda in Schaumburg, IL) RUDE Gal tells me its going to be $140 diagnostic fee... But refunded into the work on the new headlight assembly. I'm like no ma'am JUST need the LED Light strip... "not available need to get the WHOLE headlight assembly" $1,081.00 Yes people over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS IF YOUR DRL GOES OUT. (Currently being investigated class action lawsuit) Eventually took to a new Honda dealer in Barrington, IL where they treated me much better and didn't charge a ridiculous fee for warranty work. FYI factory warranty was up at 36k miles and at that point was at 33k or so. Next warranty issue was the intermittently freezing touchscreen. Eventually got that replaced after dropping the car off a few times under warranty. I was getting pretty upset since I was just about to pass that factory warranty... another 1k for just the radio. So within the first few months of ownership car was in the shop 3x and over 2k in warranty work... At this point I'm at 38k miles and have had it for 9 months (I don't drive much) As many others have mentioned Stereo is pretty much crap. Turn up the bass and plastic in the rear deck rattles. Sounds pretty terrible in general... Flat/ no life to it. I've taken it upon myself to try and isolate by stuffing rags/ foam (helped a little) Just hitting bumps in the road plastic rattles and makes the car feel cheap. The 6 speed transmission is just an absolute mess. Shifting at the worst times when accelerating/ decelerating I can't say I hear it clunk when slowing down, more of a engine brake and quite the jerking feeling. The accelerating is decent but often hits an odd gear and as someone said "rubber bands" you forward. I've also seen complaints the car lurches in cold weather when accelerating with a 1-2 second delay. 100% agreed, has happened to me multiple times. Honda just says "it's the road" Pontiac had no such issues on the same exact road. I definitely miss the volume knob but fortunately have the controls on the steering wheel. I'm pretty frugal with my $ and keep my cars for a good 150k ++ miles easy. But this car has been so disappointing I've already thinking about trading it in and losing my butt on it. The Mrs has a 14' Grand Cheerokee with the 8 speed transmission. Shifts like butter and fantastic acceleration with the v8. First and probably last Honda vehicle. Wish I kept driving the Pontiac to hold out and try something else.

2016 Honda Accord EX
By Ree H.

2016 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had been looking at this car for while. I haven’t had the car long, but so far so good. I was disappointed when I found out that automatic seats only come on the driver’s side.