Used 2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Liking Accord Coupe more and more
By Robert

2016 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new largely because of good experience with a ‘14 Civic Si 6-speed previously purchased and still owned. The Accord coupe was viewed as a larger, more sedate version of that car that more reasonably fit me (replacing a Miata) than a Civic. Initially I thought that the 4 cal Accord mated to the CVT with paddle shifters would be a mileage compromise over a V6 automatic, with better performance. I’ve changed my opinion in that the CVT can function quite well as a simulated 7-speed and in that regard functions similar to other manumatics and doesn’t really remind you that it is a CVT. Performance and economy of the 2.4L with CVT has been a pleasant surprise. The coupe body style is handsome, but in retrospect the sedan is probably more than a bit more practical, but also less fun to drive. The car is solidly reliable, fairly comfortable in a sporty way and certainly economical, but insurance costs are way higher than they should be (check those out before buying). After driving a Ford Fusion Hybrid rental recently, I was reminded how much more road noise gets transferred with the Honda cars.

Navigation System from H
By Eileen

2016 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation and Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Navigation system waste of my money they told me there would not be charge for updates. But no mention that I had to download it myself and it will take 2 hours on a flash drive and 2 hours to car. Beside the directions are screwy and wants to send me all over just to get to my home. Last year Honda Dealer said they updated it but when I asked this year told NEVER able to update. Also I was never told that it holds only 1 CD. The car paint seems to get scratched easily. I should advise against navigation better off buying one from stores. My gas mileage going slower does not give me more mileage. I get better mileage going 65 mph.

racking up miles
By John

2016 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I live in a rural area of North Carolina and things are sometimes a long way off. High mileage would be a killer for some cars, but the Honda Accord has a high demand used, almost regardless of miles driven. The dealer is pestering me to trade my 2016 for a new Accord because he has no used stock Accords to sell. The car does most things well and some very well. It handles like a German Sport Sedan and the build quality is similar. The only negatives after 30000 miles is yellow looking headlights, common for most cars, and in future my next set of tires will be expensive because they are 19". The car's computer registers between 30 and 35 mpg in mixed driving. My dealer has been very helpful and I have been servicing there since he charges less that most shops and I use full synthetic oil.

2016 Honda Accord V6 EX-L steering vibration
By David Mallory

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Accord developed a vibration, felt in steering wheel and floor, and heard. Nobody can find cause. I removed a useless steel plate in the steering wheel nacelle, and cut vibration by 70%. Odd problem for an Accord. My 2014 Accord was perfect. Acceleration is plenty fast. Ride is harder than Camry but is OK. Good car. Consumers' Union Repair Incidence Statistics show Accord more problem free than Camry.

Well I like it but I probably will not buy another
By EReads1

2016 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

First of all, I drive about 50 miles one way to work Monday through Friday. Part of the time I am on winding two lane roads, up hill and down with sharp corners. The Honda handles REALLY well on this part of my drive and I enjoy it BUT, this automatic deceleration in the transmission is weird and a little annoying going down a steep grade. 3/4's of my drive is highway to downtown. Some stop and go traffic. Now I admit, I'm over the age of 50 and I sit behind a desk for a living. While I don't have back problems there are nights when traffic is bad and it takes two hours to get home. The seats in this car are why I bought it but I find that it just doesn't make the long road test perfectly. I am uncomfortable and achy by the time I get home. The seats aren't either firm enough of adjustable enough even with the lumbar support. I love the techy nature of the accord and I LOVE the way it looks (the wheels are cool. Seriously). This is certainly a vast upgrade over the Prius I used to drive which felt like I was sitting on a cardboard box after a while but I recall a Nissan Altima that had better seats for the long distance. When my lease is up, I probably will give this car up and go to either a Subaru or some other AWD vehicle that is somewhat comfortable.