2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great car with some design iss

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great car with some design issues
By ee2 on

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has great power, gets decent gas millage, it is pretty comfortable to drive. A few minor changes are called for and one MAJOR one. The cup holders are right behind the stick shift, so as you shift, you are constantly hitting the cups/straws/tall water bottles. The windshield wipers on mine streak alot. At about 1000 miles I changed the rubber on my dime (OEM Honda). Made no difference.

The major issue is that the hands free bluetooth software seems to have been designed by an engineering school drop out. The text reading is almost incomprehensible. No point in it since it does not make driving safer if you can't understand it. Phone book features are terrible.

Update @ 44k miles: I have taken this car on several long trips >5 hrs long. The seats are not comfortable for long trips. I end up with lower back pain, hips hurt and get tight and no matter how I adjust the seat, I can't get it comfortable. Honda makes very reliable cars, I have not done anything to mine since I got it other than oil changes. I have always had Hondas and they all have had at least 200k miles before replacing them. However, my next car is not going to be Honda. They need to learn to make a more comfortable car. They get many things right, but I don't think their focus is on comfort. My highest criteria now is comfort. I can get comfort and reliability from other brands (Lexus)

Update @52k miles: It's official, this car SUCKS for long trips. Very uncomfortable on a long trip I took recently. I drove about 1700 miles in a week and I paid the price.

It consumes about 1 qt between oil changes, that is alot by my standards for a new car and by Consumer Reports standards as well. It is pathetic that my 15 year old Civic with 230k miles on it didn't consume any oil, but my brand new Accord has consumed oil since day 1.

I'm impressed with the OEM tires that came with the car. I still have tread left on the tires, which is impressive since the last Honda I bought, the OEM tires had to be replaced @35k miles.

This is a very reliable car. I have not had to do anything other than put gas in it and change the oil. I wish they would figure out the oil consumption issue with these cars. They are fixing the really excessive ones (>1 qt/1000 miles), but what about those that consume less? Not sure how you draw the line.

• Getting in out
  • Ride comfort

• Front seats

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review