Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

355,000 + & Still Strong!
By Barney Yosten

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Incredibly reliable. Never broke down on side of road, with exception of once, and that was because I did not follow thru promptly on warning light.

Loved my oldie moldy accord
By Shelby

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 accord as my first "financed car" and I miss this car daily. I drove it to almost 300k before I had to retire it due to rust (gas tank rusted, underside was so rusted there was nothing to attach a new tank to) this car was a tank. Great for all elements. I live in MI and our winters can be brutal. This car endured wind and snow like a champ. I never felt unsafe. The stock speakers were amazing with my after market stereo. Functionality of the car overall was amazing. It had get up and go but also rode smooth with little road noise. I miss this car daily. I almost consider buying another in lieu of my 2008 Matrix

Served its purpose, but had a shitty ride
By MManza70

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car off my brother back in 2016 with 193k. The car has seen better days as there is a problem with the bottom of the car as it makes a noise whenever I go at a certain speed. I think its the previous owner before my brother used this car to death.

An Excellent Commuter
By Jose Rios

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 about 4 months ago, and I have to say it is absolutely wonderful so far. It was previously owned by an elderly lady who bought it brand new, and she took great care of it. The exterior look is timeless and simple, and the interior is practical and very comfortable. Ride quality is also superb for a 2001 with 146k, road noise is minimal. My only complaint with the drive is the amount of body roll, which should be expected for a car this size. I also have a gripe with the MPG, which again should be expected with a 3.0 V6, but is far off from the estimated MPG. I average about 19mpg, compared to the 26mpg that is commonly advertised. My only other complaint is the transmission, which should have never been coupled with this torquey V6. My transmission hasn't given me issues yet, but the shifts are not exactly smooth, and I've read numerous complaints about transmission failure. Overall, it is an excellent car and would highly recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive and comfortable ride.

The Honda bulletproof liability falls short
By Floyd B

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I did buy this vehicle used from a honda dealership. I was not aware of the transmission issues this car had until well after the 30 day warranty expired. When I bought the car, it mileage was approaching 139k. Now, here's my dilemma. I have a 1998 Acura Integra with well over 370000 mile and not yet have I ever had a transmission issue. Accord because I would have to be a car. I was really hoping for the same reliability. That did not happen. After doing some research, found that between 1998 - 2002 that this vehicle have transmission issues. I'm not blaming the vehicle or any of the previous owners for the issues. Nor am I blaming the manufacturer because I should have follow my instincts and garden a 5-speed manual transmission rather then the automatic. So that's my bad other than that the car was amazing. For a car of it's age in mileage, the ride quality was really good. Very easy and after the shift into 3rd gear, very fun to drive. If I'm honest, I would not have traded this car in for the current car I have now (2009 Subaru Tribeca/ I've written a review on this car as well) if the transmission wasn't failing.