Used 1995 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Accord for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My Old Honda

healnghanz, 12/14/2009

Originally, leased by my wife in 1995, then sold to me in 2000, quite a reliable car with some minor and some not so minor problems. The disc brakes warp so easily on a very regular basis. But this last time I had the dealer do it and they are much better. Anti lock brakes died 50K ago. Rust over rear wheels, passenger window slow to rise or not at all sometimes. Tranny rough in winter. AC drain once got plugged and water kept going all over the interior, and ruined computer board. Overdue for timing belt/water pump . Speedometer/odometer stopped working at 164,000. 4 years later I have 165,000 or 200k plus. The engine just works great, w 25 mpg maybe more over the years. Heater ducts rotted.

I Need Another

Steed, 03/04/2010

Still can't believe it's running , its now 2010 and i have over 300,000 miles. Besides the factory defect :( no big problems at all . If you need a car to get you around this is really it! It just wont quit!

Comfortable and reasonably powered

Sums, 02/14/2002

We bought our '95 Accord EX-V6 used, and now have ~90k miles on it. The only repairs outside of standard mainenance were a $60 part ignition coil and minor A/C repair--which were both foreshadowed. All in all, a very comfortable car that handles pretty well and is well powered.

Bought it used

autopacgirl, 04/22/2002

I bought my EX coupe when it was over 6 years old, and had over 100,000 miles. Even so, it has been one of the best and most reliable cars to drive. I love it! The interior is spacious, I carry a lot in my trunk, and my passengers love the extra space in the back from my previously owned Integra.

I'll be a repeat honda buyer for sure!

KentuckyGuy, 04/15/2005

I purchased my 95 EX Cpe with 20k miles in the fall of '97. Now, 8 years later, I am at 225,000 miles and am sold as a Honda fan for life. Other than brakes (warped rotors have been frequent), I have done little more than regular tune-ups, oil changes, etc. I have put this car to the test in road trips loaded with luggage/people, city/hwy/mountain driving, and have even had it in some mild off-road adventures while camping, and it has surprisingly good traction in mud/moderate snow, even in mountains (significantly better than similar cars I've driven). It has been fun to drive, and incredibly practical and reliable as well. Still is a solid car, with no rattles/significant wearout.

Love it!

Hil357, 11/10/2004

I got this car from a previous owner and I have not had any problems except for one exhaust pipe that needed replacing. I also replaced the timing belt at 95,000 but that should be done anyways. I love the look and the room inside. I put in a CD player but didn't have a problem with the factory am/fm/cassette. It has great power but could be better accelerating from stop. Overall I LOVE IT!

in love with my car

meredith, 01/01/2007

OVER 200,000 miles ...this car owes me nothing ... Just add oil/tires/and brakes.....After 150,000 miles i started repairing more than that.. CV- boots, struts, all belts, muffler, radiator, and 2 ball joints. A wonderful car until this year when my mechanic bills started to rise above the actual value of the vehicle. It will still keep kicking for another 100,000 miles guaranteed but i just cannot risk investing more into it as of this point.THIS car has made me feel nothing but good looking in it. Supersporty especially with an open moon roof.As for safety, i feel safer in this vehicle than i do in any SUV or Sedan..the only vehicle i recall feeling this safe in was a ford f250 truck cab with a roll bar

Good functional car

TN Boy, 04/15/2003

The care is good overall. The car is very functional. It runs & is fairly reliable (especially versus my previous car an Oldsmobile) Problems experienced thus far: 1. Engine gasket seal blew out before the issue was recalled by Honda (at about 50K miles) 2. Driver power window regulator broke (at 115K miles) 3. Oil pan began to leak due to another weak gasket (116K miles) 4. Radio goes in & out, dealer can't figure out why (112K miles) Over all satisfied with the car, held up well despite a lot of miles & years on the car

Frnt Disc Brake Rotor

Julito Labor, 04/30/2008

I love the car but the only problems that I have now is, I have a hard time changing the front disc rotor. Gonna cost you a little more, the design are not so common like two screws hold the disc. The old disc needs to be pressed and the new one needs to be press too. If you don't have the right tools let the shop do the job. Well, the ac is gone too but overall performance I think I already got my money back. Four thumbs up, I love it, love it.

Not your "usual" Honda...

texas89, 07/08/2010

When I bought this car in early 2009 to replace my 1993 Corolla, I expected the famed Honda reliability. I bought it for $5000 with only 70, 000 original miles on the car. I assumed I would get at least 100, 000 more miles out of it, not the case. Five months after buying the car, the AC and brakes went out, and I replaced the AC compressor fan and refrigerant ($350), brake pads, shoes, rotors, and master cylinder ($800). The steering is very "sticky", a problem that has mystified at least 10 mechanics. Back in March, less than a year after doing all that repair work, my AC and brakes went out again. The mechanics I have visited estimate repairs will total upwards of $1000.

It's a GREAT Car

Lisa, 09/24/2007

I would have given it all 10s except for the AC. I have had trouble with mine not getting real cold. I paid about $400 once for it to be fixed, and it made no difference in the end. It works, just not well for our hot humid summers here in St. Louis. Now 12 years old, the electric window motors are wanting to quit. I won't put any money into this car and plan on driving it until it gives out. This vehicle has cost me very little to run for the past ten years. Brakes, mufflers, oil, tires, and the previously mentioned AC issue. I had to replace the clutch slave/master thingy once, and a cv boot once after a car did a hit and run on me while my vehicle was parked.

Closing in on a quarter million

Dwight Devil, 12/09/2008

When I bought the car in 07, you could have almost convinced me it was brand new. It had 220k on it at the time, and still ran like a champ. Even the cigarette lighter still works. Parts have been cheap. Replaced both CV axles for 100, one ball joint (that I screwed up by jumping a curb) for 20, both sway bar links for 10, washer pump for 15, and both washer fluid jets for 13 (from the DEALER, no less). VERY easy to work on. Some of my clutch fluid mysteriously disappears overnight about once a month, but I top it off and it stays full until some night the following month. Drove 860 (36mpg) miles and ONLY stopped one time (gas), yet wasn't even remotely sore when the trip was over.

perfect

95 accord ex, 06/29/2002

i luv it couldnt be better, its a wonderful car

My high mileage car runs like new

loopa, 08/19/2002

I bought this car with 50K miles. Now I have over 200K miles and the car is still running the same. The mileage is still around 30mi/gal city/highway mix. I love it!

The Honda Accord that changed my life...

twilightbliss, 08/26/2003

When I saw my 1995 Honda Accord EX coupe for the first time, I fell in love. The car is so beautiful inside and out. The body style makes it hard to believe it's a '95 because it is timeless. It has great acceleration and is wonderful on gas, which is very useful now with the high gas prices.

Very reliable

MQ, 01/30/2005

Bought with almost 158k miles on it. And after a little over a year, this car has given me no major mechanical issues. Only replaced front outer CV boots, and that was the biggest repair so far. I am confident that this car will give me at least ten more years of reliable service, long enough to get me through college and graduate school.

Great car

renison, 04/16/2005

This is my second honda. I think they are a great car with mnimal expenses as long as you see that they are regularly maintained. I have put little money beyond standard maintenance and new tires in this car and it has been a faithful auto for me. The only limit is the difficulty in conveying older people who can not enter/exit back seat easily. This is not the car for that purpose.

Great Car

Marie, 08/13/2005

I have owned this car for 10 years and had one repair ( a master cylinder ) other than routine maintenance.I have another just like it on order.

My Review

Mike, 01/07/2006

A well-built and long-lasting car. Rides well in all conditions, including snow. Good enough power for the size of the engine and had good pickup entering highways and passing other vehicles. Routine maintenance is the only true issues I had with it (water pump, timing chain, split CV boot, exhaust/muffler). For a 10+ year old car, still getting more than 20 miles to the gallon in average driving. Only negative about the body is some spotty rust, but in a car that old in the Northeast, that is expected.

i love it!

honda's rip, 04/08/2004

this is one of the most fun cars that i have driven. it is great on gas and it handles pretty nimble for an economy minded car. after a couple of after market instalments this car will be just about perfect. not to mention the sunroof is just about the right size.

Can't Beat It

JKJ, 12/12/2002

This is the best car I have ever owned and I have had at least 15 cars. Bought the car new in Nov. 1995 and drove it 7 years. The car has 115K miles on it and runs like new. After 7 years total - only major (I guess it's major for a Honda) maintenance items are the timing belt, cv axles, and front brakes - Nothing Else in 7 years!!!! You see why I love this car. Just sold it to my step-daughter and she will put the next 115K miles on it. This my second Honda (first was a civic) and I am sold on Honda.

Great car

bugox, 07/03/2003

This is my fourth Honda/Acura. I have owned the car since new. It has 100k and the only thing I have done is routine stuff-tune ups, brakes, tires and battery. Mostly city driving too. Dont love the power, not thrilled by the styling, but it does what it's supposed to do-gets me from point a to b reliably and fairly cheap.

WoW Its a Honda What can I say

honda owner, 03/22/2002

For a car thats 7 years old I cannot and will not complain. I am looking for my next car to be a beemer but its hard to give up the dependability. A recommended vehicle!

51050