2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

Stylish and Classy
By Jim Allen

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now had my 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring since July and have approximately 3700 miles on it now. The mileage I am getting is a consistent 45 - 48 MPG and I have hit as high as 58 mpg. The car handles great, smooth ride and no interior road noise. Sound system is very good and the safety features are excellent. The interior has plenty of head and leg room and storage is bountiful for a hybrid vehicle. As a previous Camry hybrid owner for 11 years naturally I compared the new Camry to the Accord. I found the Accord interior provided a higher quality appearance, interior design was better, while the exterior appearance has a European Sporty yet Sophisticated look while the Camry has a pure sports car look without the amenities of the Accord. I would recommend the 2018 Accord Hybrid in the touring model if you want an affordable luxury vehicle that gets great gas mileage.

Terrific Car
By Chas Topkis

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 10 years of driving a Toyota Camry Hybrid, I decided to modernize to the 2018 Accord Hybrid. My primary reason was the wide array of safety features which are standard in the Accord. I have not been disappointed. The Accord is unbelievably quiet, gas mileage is exceptional, and the electronics are easy to configure and use. But instead of going on and on about how wonderful the Accord is, let me spend my time addressing a few issues. SAFETY FEATURES: Exactly what I was looking for. In some cases a little too much. I do like the rear cross traffic alert and the lane departure warnings but there is a feature where the car tries to keep you centered in the lane you are in. I used this driving on the interstate and found myself constantly fighting the car. The Accord actually tries to steer the car to where it thinks you should be. I didn't like the fight so I turned this off. Otherwise, the safety features are fantastic. DASH BOARD. My biggest complaint is the positioning of the dashboard in relation to the steering wheel. I like to drive with the steering wheel in its lowest position. The view of the dashboard is obstructed b the steering wheel. I am constantly adjusting to height of the steering wheel to see the Dashboard. ANDROID AUTO: This is a great feature. It allows the use of Google Maps for navigation (and other things). It uses data so keep that in mind. But in addition we ran into one big surprise. My wife and I were driving from Denver to Mt Rushmore, going through east central Wyoming. We evidently went out of our cell phone providers service area and our google maps went poof! We never even considered we would have this problem but now we know. Fortunately we had put our old Garmin GPS in the center console and quickly dug it out and plugged it in. Without it we would have been lost. Never considered printing maps. PADDLES: I had to get some additional training on using the paddles. They are not for shifting gears as found on most other cars. They are used for downshifting and regenerating the battery. This sounds contradictory but it is not. The paddles are used to slow down and not speed up. I was able to find some good information on the internet and I recommend you get a complete understanding of how to use these. My dealer rep did not really provide a good explanation. TEMPERATURE CONTROL: I think that Honda tries to get too technical with the temperature in the cabin. When I set the temperature to 72 degrees, I can be sweating or freezing. I constantly have to adjust the temperature control to stay comfortable. EXTERIOR BODY: I had the unfortunate experience to get a couple scratches on the car less than a month after we bought it. First, while riding on the interstate, a tire on a semi truck exploded and pieces went everywhere. A couple small pieces hit the car. Secondly, someone opened their car door into mine and put a 1 1/2 inch scratch on the drivers door. When looking at these I could see black metal or whatever it is under the paint which surprised me. I have had dents in cars before but I don't recall being able to see through to the underlying metal. It leaves me wondering about the quality and durability of the finish. Because these scratches were so noticeable I did go to a body shop and had them repaired. I'll keep the cost to myself.

How a rock can spoil your vacation
By Ralph

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a person that loves technology but looking at the grill and below there is NO protection from rocks or debris to break the a/c condenser and the lower part of the radiator. Hopefully Honda will make a modification to the grill.

Makes more sense than Tesla 3
By Sunny D

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have a 30 mile/day commute, and bought this car after a lot of research into hybrids and plug in electric cars. Everyone in my neighborhood is getting a Tesla 3, which is a sexier car and more fun to drive. However, this car is half the price, much roomier, has a very nice interior, has a much more friendly dashboard layout, and has a range of 450+ miles (which only takes 5 minutes to "recharge"). My prior car was a 2016 Mazda 6 which was a bit more nimble and fun to drive, but the Honda is pretty close and gets much better mileage. The cabin is very quiet. I test drove the Insight, which was not quiet at all, and chose the Honda for this reason. This is my first hybrid car, and I have learned the hard way not to be too optimistic about the EPA mileage (which is a common issue with many hybrids). When I drove it in my usual style (not aggressive but usually above 70 mph on the highway) I only got about 38mpg. I am 50, but I really have to drive this like an old man to get 40-44 mpg. I still drive over 70 mph, but accelerate to it much slower. You really have to use the regenerative braking paddles a lot to slow down way in advance. When I look at other peoples comments, it seems that some drivers have no problem getting over 45 mpg while others seem to get numbers like mine. Wish there were a way to know if it is truly the driver and road conditions or whether there is some variation in the cars. I think the automaker and dealers should be a little more up front about this with their customers and explain the range of variability in mpg in the real world. Nevertheless, It is a very roomy sedan, very quiet, and gets over 40 mpg for me. Overall it is a great car for the price, and I am very very happy with it.

Love my new car!
By Doug

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Before you buy this car, you need to remember that it is a hybrid. You will not get the same power and performance as the gas engine version. But that said, this car outperformed every other hybrid I test drove. I do mostly city driving, but I live in a hilly area. For my needs the Hybrid Touring Accord is quite good.