2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

The best car that I have driven or owned!
By Wayne Butscher

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring but the 2018 version of the Honda Accord Hybrid Touring trim is beyond fantastic! Finally Hybrid owners can enjoy a full sized trunk with the 2018 Accord Hybrid. I love the safety features, and sensors. I miss the passenger side real time blind spot camera but the mounted sensor and flashing yellow indicator is more than ample replacement. I like the "Break Hold" which allows you to take your foot off of the break pedal when stopped. The "heads up display" which projects data like current speed limit, compass, and next turn during the navigation process onto the wind shield. I love the wireless charging PAD, Apple Car Play, and Android Auto (I have an Galaxy S9 Plus and an iPhone 8 Plus) interface. I also love the way the seat automatically moves backwards to ease getting out of the car then returns to the programmed when you get in for the next drive. I the Touring has seat coolers in addition to the seat warmers. I'm sure I am leaving features but this is by far the nicest feature-packed car that I have ever driven or owned!

Love the car but mpg not as advertised
By Tony

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the car but the only way it will get the advertised mpg of 47 city and 47 hiway is if it is all downhill with a strong tailwind. Even with the econ turned on and driving like a grandma, 41 is tops. Disappointed in the need to falsely claim a significantly high mpg that achievable.

Not close to 47mpg
By Stuart

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

live in South Florida which is very flat. I drive like an old man on I-95 setting the cruise control at 68mph. I accelerate very slow and have never gotten over 40mpg on any full tank. Sorry but the 47mpg on the sticker is a complete LIE!!!! Don’t buy the hybrid if you think you will get 47mpg!!! You won’t! Not worth the extra money for the hybrid!

It’s no Prius
By LevyY

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only other hybrid we have owned is a 2011 Prius. That car was loud, slow, cramped, and was the opposite of fun to drive. This car is spacious, luxurious, quiet, and a joy to drive. Handling is actually good. Back seats fold down with trunk access. So much tech. I do wish it had a heated steering wheel, 360 camera, and wireless Apple car play. For the money, it’s a steal.

Hybrid not what it promised to be
By Paul

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Honda Accord Hybrid touring thinking it will give me a great mileage without sacrificing the acceleration. Wrong on both accounts. It may give the advertised mileage on flat roads and in the city going around 50 to 60 mph. It does not adapt to hilly roads of WV or my driving. When I want acceleration, the engine feels underpowered and loud just to remind me about the mileage and how underpowered the engine is. I don't understand the detuning of 2.0L engine. Why do they do this when the fully tuned 2.0L turbo engine is a blast to drive and gives the same mileage. ( when not adding the hybrid component)? I can only achive 4 green shoots out of 12. My guilt of burning fossil fuel is over. NO MORE HYBRID till they make it for main stream. I am getting around 38-39 mpg which is not bad but not great on eco mode. On the plus side the interior is well designed and love the heads up display and the Bluetooth pairing. Not a fan of lane keep assist. Would have loved to have a rotary control of the display next to the gear shift. So don't buy this unless you are overcome with guilt of burning fossil fuel.