2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

Bye bye gas stations
By Richard Rappaport

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives great and looks great. To quote my friend about the interior, “why would someone spend 2x as much on a Mercedes when you can now get a car that looks like this”. Drive quality is excellent. It drives very smooth and has good acceleration. The MPG I thought would be better but I don’t care too much. I tend to get between 42-45mpg on most drives and get the actual rated 47 on longer highway drives (traffic/no traffic). My only complaint is that I wish the backup camera was better. It might be me, but I often find it hard to judge exactly the space I have.

As Good As It Gets
By Rich C

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! The road noise is all but gone, the ride is smooth, the car is silent. The visibility is great, the seats are comfortable and in Vegas where is gets hot, the AC works well too! I use the adaptive cruise control on my daily commute and its a nice treat.

Best value mid size sedan
By H-dub

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Some serious research went into my ultimate decision to buy this car. My previous vehicles were mostly sports sedans (BMW 3, 5 and 6 series) interlaced with a couple of Acuras. After my last appointment for routine maintenance on my 3 series cost me nearly $1,000, I decided I was done with German cars. Furthermore, I was tired of losing a significant amount in depreciation on these BMWs after my typical 3 to 4 years of ownership. My purchase criteria this time was based on reliability, economy, resale value and fun to drive. I also wanted something more substantive than a basic compact car like a civic or corolla. I think the Accord hybrid provides the best combination of those characteristics. Furthermore, the interior has all the elements I consider as luxurious in the Touring trim that I purchased. As for fun to drive, this is definitely not a Prius. It has great low end torque and will accelerate very quickly, either from a stop or on the freeway ramp when I need the pick up (0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds is what I have read). I will never drive this in the ECO mode, but have a blast driving with an occasional heavy foot and still getting 40 mpg. I read in some reviews that the seats are too low and cause back pain. I am a senior that has a herniated disc and have dealt with back issues for the last 30 years. However, I don’t have any issues entering or exiting this vehicle and find the seating comfort to be just fine. The stereo system is fantastic. I also love the safety features that are all customizable to suit my driving style. I also love the brake regenerative paddle shifters that feel like the old days of downshifting to slow down in a manual shift car. Trunk space is huge. Still learning how to take full advantage of the Android Auto program. I do think Honda should have sold this car with a compact spare instead of the inflator kit that is provided. However, I will incur the expense and buy a spare and jack. I really think Honda has done an excellent job with this car and believe this is the best “value” in the mid size car segment.

Wow!!!!! ...and others said it too
By Karl Zack

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove Toyota and Kia Hybrids and was intrigued by the fuel economy but the style was blah. The I drove a Honda Accord Hybrid 2018 Touring and just went "WOW!!!!". First it looks nice and sleek on the outside (with out the Hybrid badge, you'd never know it was a hybrid). When you get in, your sitting in technology. All of the info that can be displayed on the windshield so your eyes still stay on the road. The wireless cell phone charging, The NFC just let me tap my phone on the dash and it married up to my phone. Android auto gives me access to Maps, Waze, pandora, TuneIn Radio,etc. The ventilated seats are so nice to have in the blazing hot Florida sun.I can remote start the car to have it cool off before I get into it.It is extremely quiet when driving (just hear the outside woosh). The different doing modes are so convenient, like to merge into fast 5 o'clock highway traffic, clicking on Sport Mode gives me tons of speed (plants me back into the seat). The paddles on the steering wheels, once I got used to them, are amazing. It is used with the brake regeneration which recharges the battery surprisingly fast. Now I can calculate how to use them when approaching a stop. On my first 100+ mile cruise, I played it light slow acceleration , ac at 76 and a mix of highway and city driving. I got 51 mpg. Next weekend I went the same route in reverse, ac at LOW (which is pretty cold), using sport mode occasionally, and getting unto speed normally from a dead stop. I got 46 mpg. I went one step further and installed 3m Crystalline Tint (look for it on YouTube). The car is literally and figuratively cool.

Can be a GREAT CAR IF CAME W/ SPARE TIRE.
By Roy Kim

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Other than getting in/out of the car becauce of its low stance which I already knew from owning other Accord, 2018 accord hybrid is great car. 1 week after I bought the car i had appointment at the dealer.only ro find put that I had non repairable flat and had to call tow truck to take car to dealer. this car DOES NOT come with spare tire so I had to pay approx $240 to buy new tire. Dealer would not and said could not help me in any way since I had flat I had no choice. After this incident I try almost everyone at the dealer to find the solutions they keep refer me to orhers. Their part dept told me it would be almost $340 for me to purchase donut spare which is ridiculous. So BE AWARE IF YOU BUY WANT TO BUY ACCORD HYBRID WHICH DOES NOT COME WITH SPARE TIRE. THANKS