2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

2018 Terrain transmission Problem at 8000 miles!
By Denise

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I am extremely disappointed with my purchase. I bought my car zero miles hoping I wouldn't have any issues for a while but boy was I wrong. I started noticing the car shifting hard. I called and made an appointment to take my car in to the dealership. I took the car in and of course the transmission tech didn't find anything other than a system update to the TCM. Two days later I called the dealership to bring back the car because issue was not resolved. On Friday as I was driving my car to the dealership, the car stopped shifting on the freeway and I barely made it to the dealership (I had my two small children in the car). I am so disappointed. I would of never expected this to happen to a brand new car. My car has 8000 miles. I wouldn't recommend this car. Look elsewhere.

Diesel engine (Iszusu) is crap
By JHS

2018 GMC Terrain SLT 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This diesel engine is crap. Beware. You might be traveling on the Interstate at 70mph when all of a sudden, with no reason or warning, this GMC will throttle you down to 45mph. So, get ready to use your hazards as you rush to the slow lane and hope your GMC Terrain TurboDiesel makes it to the next exit. Good thing this is a company car and I can get my company to NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH GM AGAIN. Do not buy this car as the diesel engine is crap and the Dealers have no idea how to deal with it or the weird messages, combined with the check engine light, that show up ion the dash, seemingly translated from Czech.

Terrain Rocks
By JH

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I would buy it again in a heartbeat

will never recommend the GMC Terrain!
By Stephanie

2018 GMC Terrain SLT 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Already had it in the shop 2 times! I bought this car for many reasons but especially for the moon roof and infotainment system. So far my moon roof would not close, then my radio went wacky would no respond then at a delayed response turned full blast then changed channels and would not turn off, then radio would not play music or iPhone. These all happened a few days apart. The shop said they needed to update system so that is what they did. I stopped the car a few weeks later and put th3 car in park and a transmission alert came on then a check engine light came on and stayed on the rest of the day. Took it to the shop again they said it was nothing. Today at a stop my whole system went blank and when it came on it went wacky again.

2018 terrain...Great!
By Jim

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Plenty of legroom as I am 6’6”