2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

No Shifter Kills the Sale
By Jake

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Whoever came up with the "out of direct sight" push button transmission should find another job. The dealer explains that women complained to GM because they could not put their bag closer to them.....so whala- lets get rid of the gear shift lever and give women more space for the bag. Standard gear shifts for triptronic or similar D-2-1 transmissions add a level of enjoyment to a normally boring auto transmission. Eliminating a simple gearshift guarantees lost sales to men and women who prefer to use a gear shift for downshifting, especially up and down mountain roads, and especially parking in tight spaces. Going to check out the new Santa Fe.

Poor
By Alex

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I've only had the suv for a month and it's already been 2 weeks at the dealership due to a weard noise it make whe you turn it off and they do t know what it is. Plus the techs are not well prepared

Love my '18 Terrain
By Carol

2018 GMC Terrain SLT 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I owned a 2012 Terrain which I generally liked but didn't care for the front windshield blind spot. Sold it to get a Mazda CX5. Big mistake. The car ran fine but I realized my issue early on when I tried to install a carseat for my grandson. I had to move the front seat up to fit the carseat. Really? Then to use the cargo area and drop the back seat you had to remove the headrest. Again, really? Bought the '18 diesel Terrain on the recommendation of my son. Got it for over $12K under MSRP. Best car I ever had. My last trip to Canada I got 49 mpg and the overall trip was about 40 mpg. The toggle gear shift is probably my least favorite feature, but you live with it. Since I use the cupholders a lot, I know why they did away with the stick.

Electrical issues / Awful customer support
By RUSS H

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have a 2018 GMC Terrain with only 6,000 miles on it. It's been in the shop so far 33 days. My infotainment screen freezes, sensors go off, doors lock and unlock by themselves, trunk opens randomly and it shifts clunky yet GMC still stands by their car with no respect to the consumer. They cant fix it and told me to stop bringing it in for service even though I have multiple videos showing the problems.

Incredible value and luxury at this price point
By Ben (Napa)

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Really, an ideal SUV for anyone looking for compact fuel economy (40mpg) and high tech features.