2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

2018 terrain...Great!
By Jim

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Plenty of legroom as I am 6’6”

Very Happy with new GMC Terrain Denali
By NJGuyTR

2018 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I was leasing a Mazda CX-5. I loved the Mazda steering but I did not like the back seat size and the engine could not keep up with very fast traffic and many large hills (without really straining ) on my Suburban NJ commute to NYC. I liked that car because it felt more like a small sports car in handling (but not power), but I love this one. This is my first GMC vehicle and the first GM vehicle I have owned. First it feels more substantial. It’s much faster. Handling is very good. It’s only 3 “ longer than the Mazda but way more comfortable for passengers. Best of all the 2.0L engine is really smooth and really good effortless pick up I need for short on ramps to major highways. It’s relatively more quiet compared to the Mazda. The tech is way better (also because its newer). Apple car play is great. The nav screens are MUCH better and it has LIVE traffic and I can get the weather channel APP too plus much more. I am picky about the quality of the audio system in whatever car I drive and this is a GREAT audio system. Lots of nice gadgets in the car and I like that. I like that when I go into reverse I can have the mirrors automatically point down to see the parking lines or when parallel parking which I do often. It has many options to adjust. The User Interface is easy and intuitive. I like the GMC app that gives you a report card for driving. It has become somewhat of a joke in my family as the app gives me a grade for driving. I am a fan of this car so far. In the articles I have read, it supposedly ‘cost more’ than other ‘mass market’ small SUV’s, but I was more interested in its features and looks. Having said that GMC had significant incentives taking the price down quite a bit and what I got for the money was a truly loaded automobile. If you are looking for a smallish SUV- try it- I was surprised how much I liked it and now I love it. Oh... I was worried if I would like the buttons instead of a stick shifter. It does take a bit of getting use to- like 2 days- but after that its a no-brainer. I never use the manual shifters just R, D, P. If you are a manual shifter person, you would have to test it out I don't think its ideal for that. It also automatically puts it in park when you turn it off- nice feature. Also- I am a tall person and not slim. I find this car very comfortable. I have a son 6' tall and he fits in the back with ample leg room. Front seat ability to fold flat is super nice for the home depot trip with something long. Its a really nice car and I am happy with it so far.

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5L Turbo/Satin Steel=HAPPY
By Susan Holmes

2018 GMC Terrain SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

In looking at purchasing a mid-size SUV, I found a lot of options in this category. Ultimately, I purchased the 2018 Terrain, and there is plenty to love about this vehicle. The price is very competitive. It seems GMC gets it, equipping this model with the 1.5L Turbo 4cyl. It gives you fuel economy of 26 city for commuters and errand runners like me, with the power available to make quick lane changes in traffic. I test drove a 2011 Terrain, 2016 Rogue (too peppy) and a 2015 Terrain to purchasing. The SLE base model comes well-equipped, only missing power seats and roof rack. Enjoy push start ignition/finger shifters/a fully revamped Infotainment system which allows you to place calls while driving with ease to your stored Favorites. There is privacy glass in the back windows. The back seat is spacious and equipped with reading lights. The rear cargo space is about 32" deep, so luggage and duffels fit with ease for travel. No CD player but a USB for music stored on a flash drive. The Terrain looks elegant and classy; the interior is quiet and the ride is cushy. The auto stop doesn't bother me at all. I love this vehicle and look forward to many years with my 2018 GMC Terrain. I'm almost at 2500 miles, and pick up my license plates tomorrow!

GMC Terrain Great price SUV
By TRUP

2018 GMC Terrain SL 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Great car in Value.

2018 Terrain Changes
By meg

2018 GMC Terrain SLT 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The lack of gear shift takes a lot of getting used to - the auto stop feature is annoying - the size of the overall vehicle change has reduced interior cargo space - can hardly fit our mother's transfer chair into the back on this model - noticed that the ride has become more bouncy with the change in the size of this model - the window views are smaller and more difficult - the overall changes in what was the best designed GMC Terrain up until the end of 2017, has ruined what was an outstanding vehicle not only in its appearance, but also in comfort and convenience. Don't like the changes made to this SUV at all, we are leasing, and unless major changes are made, we will not probably lease another one. We loved our 2015 Terrain.