2017 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

My 16 year old Yukon Quit :-(
By Judson

2017 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Check out getting in and out of the front seats. Don't expect your rear seats to fold down all the way. It is snapy and it saves me money over the V-8 I had before!

Look elsewhere!!
By L March

2017 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This SUV is small inside and is not child friendly. The doors are extremely heavy, so my kids cannot open them on their own without the chance of losing a finger. The air conditioning is the absolute WORST! It only has control in the front so the front passengers risk frostbite in order for the back passengers to have any air at all. The cargo/trunk space is very narrow and small. There is hardly any leg room, so tall people beware. We leased the Terrain because we were looking for a small payment and liked that it looked like a mini Yukon. If it wasn't for the deal we got, we never would have went through with it, because I am so disappointed that I have been trying to get out of my lease since month one. There are better options in small SUVs than this.

Terrible in snow,regret leasing it.
By Lisa A

2017 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We live in north east Ohio and this vehicle is the absolute worst for driving in snow. It spins and skids very easy,tires pack full of snow. The traction control is a joke! Can't wait until the lease is up.

4 banger with no muscle
By Sam Sillmon

2017 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you want a spacious vehicle keen for commuting this is it but don’t expect to be able to rev pass other cars in traffic

Nice little suv
By The Finisher

2017 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We got this suv to drive our grandson in a car seat. It was roomy and comfortable at a good price. I liked backup camera but I thought it lacked a little power. We only had it for a year and we only drove 4,000 miles, then traded it in. I liked the body style. It was a nice little suv.