Used 2016 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Terrain for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

11 Months Dead Battery

D, 11/12/2016
SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great. I've had it for 11 months, have only driven 9000 miles and I really do love my car. However, my battery died. It should be covered under warranty but still.... it should not have died. I don't leave anything plugged in and none of my lights were on. It doesn't make sense.

Surprised owner

Jared Novak, 05/01/2019
SLT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 19th vehicle in only 6 years of driving. I’ve have owned so many vehicles it this is the best overall. It feels and looks more expensive than it is. And I knew when I was shopping I had to have a American compact suv. This one gets better gas mileage, has a higher resale value, has higher safety scores, and according to consumer reports has the highest reliability of the three American (escape,terrain/equinox,Cherokee) utes. I get 25 mpg city and 30 on the highway and I’m not a light footed driver. Mine is fully loaded the navigation works get the WiFi is so fast and convenient. All of the safety systems make it impossible to crash and I have the brown saddle leather seats and they are so good looking. The transmission can have a rough shift here and there but that and some cheap plastics are my only gripe. I would have preferred the v6 but I’m very happy with the 2.4 Ecotec it’s powerful enough and it’s quite and refined.

Loving this SUV!

C. Smith, 03/10/2019
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love everything about this vehicle (but I do miss the CD player). I'm all about gas mileage and this GM gem has given me as high as 37 MPH on the interstate. Highly recommend this Terrain!!

Nice crossover, needs a bit more power

IndianaDriverD, 05/28/2019
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Terrain. When I test drove this car, I was actually looking at the Equinox' first. My wife liked the Equinox look but I liked the Terrain better. It looks more like a truck which I liked. The good of the car is that it is very comfortable ride- very quiet, good shock absorption, and comfortable seats with plenty of room for passengers and driver. The bad is the 4 cylinder engine is very weak. It lacks power which many cars normally have. It isn't imperative for me to have a ton of power so it works for this season of life for me but when I'm in high speed traffic it would be nice to have. You feel a bit like a turtle moving slowly along. That being said, it's a good car for a small family looking for a comfortable cruiser or someone who doesn't need a lot of power.

I am IN LOVE with this SUV!!

Caitlin, 11/12/2019
SL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Previously owned a Chevy Trailblazer, Jeep Liberty and most recently a 2009 Chevy Cobalt.. I knew I wanted a Terrain when I started looking at vehicles. I went to a local GM dealer and just wanted to test drive them. I have looked at them for a year and never drove one.. Went into the dealership, test drove an AWD 2016 Terrain and left with it that day. Absolutely fell in love with it. The exterior is beautiful to me. I love the bulky fenders and the hood on it. Being a 22 year old female, I wanted something sporty looking as well as safe for Ohio winter weather. The interior is super comfortable. GM really took their time with detail on this model. I love the red stitching in the seats. Touch screen radio and AUX in the center consul. This is great because I can hide my AUX cord when not in use. Inside of the center consul, there is a bright light that allows you to see when its dark out. I love that! The speakers are also great. I am someone who likes to play loud music with some bass in it. You can adjust your bass, tremb, etc. The cargo area is very roomy. I have a 100+lbs dog that stays back there when he is with me. I purchased a barrier off of amazon so he cannot jump over the back seat. Highly recommend that also! Overall winter driving.. Just had our first snow here in NE Ohio. Roads were wet and a little slick. I purposely tried to get it to slide at a stop sign and it would not. Handled great on the slushy roads!!! I think AWD is a MUST if you live anywhere it snows. I will own this one for a little while, but I plan on sticking with the GMC Terrain in the future. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE.