Used 2014 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Terrain for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

V6 AWD

Jonathan Linder, 08/10/2015
SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good looking, excellent safety on IIHS small overlap, quiet ride, comfortable. Fantastic power from V6. Transmission shifts should be smoother, although it is liveable and I have gotten used to it. Navigation works well. The radio doesn't have an automated seek button, so you have to click over and over to cycle through channels. The rear seat has huge legroom, great for preventing babies from kicking the driver. On the highway, I get between 27-30 MPG with air conditioning. In the city with aggressive stop and go, it's about 16 MPG. Combined I have 23.5 MPG. Got a special price on the car with college student pricing and July 4 discounts.

IT'S NOW 2018+ ALMOST 2019

Stanley C., 11/19/2018
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We are in our late late 60's and wanted a vehicle that we could step up into and not have to slink down into. Looked at a Subaru but the side bolsters ended our look. Saw this car on the dealers lot and bought it after some haggling of course. The male, (me) test drove it with the wife for a bit than gave her the wheel. I dozed, I felt so comfortable! The car, a cross over actually, does well. it now has only 34k on the clock so it's hardly broken in. No rattles, squeaks or vibrations. We just start it and go. Mileage is better with Premium grade it seems. The paint is white as we live in So. Tx. and appreciate the reflective effects - it's cooler inside than any other colors. The wheels clean easy and the 16" tires are great compared to our old car with 14's. The design is right at the top. If they never change it that would be wonderful. We like the car a lot. So we own it...or are we just renting the Technology? HA Oil changes (dealer) and tire rotations and gas are all we've had to do. Seems like it may be a very good vehicle at this time. It has a small engine but we didn't expect much, only to find that it merges well and stops great. The transmission was designed not just built. It has characteristics that indicate some thought..much appreciated. Easy to wash with McGuires and a step up stool.

4cyl AWD

oldirongut, 07/18/2014
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great small SUV, Beautiful interior. installed K & N high flow air filter and switched to Mobil ! after 500 mi. Mileage now is 26/32

Terrain 2014 FWD 2.4engine SLE-2

classact3, 05/04/2014
SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 3400 miles on our Terrain & so far mostly satisfied with the car. No issues with reliability & getting 31 mpg hwy. 23/24 mpg overall. Just wish it had a few more standard amenities like: glove box & foot well courtesy lights, safety reflectors or red lights on the side of door body visible when door is opened and automatic release for rear hatch. My wife is short & needs a "pull" to close rear hatch as it opens too high for her.

Superbly engineered.

lvcas, 11/25/2014
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2015 Terrain, in my opinion, is in a segment of its own. From it's glorious V6 engine to the very useful power liftgate, it is an awesome work of craftsmanship. The engine has plenty of power, more than enough; with the V6. The transmission is a tad...strange? Gas mileage could be better, but much better than what I used to drive. It is very safe and a good value for money, too. The interior is very well made and very cool looking at night. The red accent lighting is a very nice touch. The Pioneer radio is also very nice.

Satisfied plus

Steve, 08/15/2017
Denali 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Get the 3.6 v-6 engine. At 65k miles have had no warranty work. Tow a pontoon occasionally w/no problem. This is a Denali, and has proven very comfy on long trips. Mpg is at or above EPA estimate(22.5 avg:25.5 hwy). Would like a little higher redline (revs great!)

2nd Terrain, buying a 3rd one now

Gypsymarrs, 03/01/2018
SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is our second Terrain (2011 & 2014). They have been the most trouble free vehicles that we've ever owned. Not even considering any other vehicle now that we are replacing the 2011 with a 2018.

Looks good

N. Norwell, 12/26/2018
SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In the 2014 GMC Terrain, there is no heat to the back seats. Back windows fog up in winter & passengers freeze. The front passenger's seat is to high. My husband is 5'10" and he's just inches away from roof and it difficult to get into as there is no power adjustability to this seat. Road noise is what you should expect in a mid size suv, Which is pretty loud. Gas mileage is not what I though I should get from a 4 cylinder. I only get 2 more miles per gallon then I did from my 6 cylinder Jeep latitude. If I had I known all this I don't think I would of bought this SUV. Even though I love, love the style.

Burns oil like crazy

Kelly, 02/05/2019
SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Burns oil like crazy, must check it no- weekly if you want to make sure you have oil. No indicator light comes on if it is low. Read many complaints about this, too many people have written complaints about the excessive oil use, and like I said if you don’t stay on top of it you will blow up your motor. GMC should stand behind this vehicle and fix this problem. Like this vehicle if it wasn’t for the oil problems.

GMC Terrain SLE-2

classact3, 06/10/2014
SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride & seating. Quiet ride. Great sounding radio & phone connections when needed. Only have 5,000 miles on the car. Four cylinder engine is somewhat anemic, but adequate for my type of driving. My other car is a Jaguar XK, thus statisfying my need for speed.

51050