Used 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Rusting Frame & Terrible Headlights
By Charlie

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 double cab 4wd new in October of 2014. It had come off the line in September. Since then I have noticed that there are numerous rust spots on the frame. Everywhere there are edges, welds, holes, brackets. etc. I don't care for this. As of this date 11/15/2018 the vehicle only has 21,220 miles on it. I run this through the car wash at least twice a month. I bought a new 2001 and when I sold it in 2014, it did not have these rust spots on the frame. Don't know what effect this is going to have down the road, but I worry about towing a trailer like this. I wonder how the brake lines will hold up. Also the projector headlights are terrible in bad weather. With no high beam, the lights are almost useless. Have to drive with fog lights on all the time

3 radiators in 95k miles
By BURTON

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

95k miles on the truck, so far 3 radiators ( same issue all 3 times leaking at seam between radiator and endcap, no warranty coverage, thanks GM!). Also 1 A/C condenser also no warranty coverage! Truck rides good and is quite inside but reliability is awful compared to my three prior half ton GM trucks. Headlights are also awful especially when it is raining. I will be selling truck ASAP and going to another brand would not recommend

Love The GMC
By Steve

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

The truck has been great! I purchased with 29k miles on it and I have put 20k on it from a 50.1 mile trip to work everyday. The truck rides and drives great. With the 6 cylinder engine I have been getting an average of 20.2 mpg. Not the greatest but I believe it's better than the same truck with the 5.3 motor. I did my research and I thought, do I really want a full-size pick-up with a 6 cylinder engine/ Through the research it can tow the same amount as the 5.3L but at a cheaper price initially for than the 5.3L, plus I don't tow a lot. With that being said; the smaller engine theoretically should have cheaper maintenance costs and being the base model with the smaller rims the tires are cheaper too. This exact model definitely seemed the biggest bang for my buck. I still have not purchased tires because the tread is still good and it did well in the 4 ft. snow storm. The only money I have put into it are brakes, rotors and a headlight unit upgrade for $365 that I installed myself as well as running boards that weren't present at the time of buying the truck.

Big Blue GMC True
By Chuck

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Being a truck, gas mileage is great. Pulls my boat with ease and has power to spare. The color (blue) is beautiful and interior seating (with leather) is very comfortable. Easy to access all necessary controls, and even has adjustable pedals which are linked to the memory seats, mirrors, etc. Now being 70, I am able to provide all my own maintenance and vehicle care. Have owned over 80 vehicles and have owned mostly GM products the past 12 years. This truck has not disappointed me at all! Overall I am fully pleased with my truck and do not over expect what is not possible. My dealership(Jim Ellis) Buick/GMC Mall of GA has always been a great place of service!

Frustrated GMC owner
By Ken S.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my GMC Sierra for 2.5 years. Overall I have been pleased with this truck. The truck has a smooth ride and is a pleasure to drive on long trips. My only gripe up until recently is the poor visibility of the headlights. Six weeks ago I had an accident with a deer which caused damage to the grill and a condenser located behind the grill which made the vehicle inoperable. I went to my local body shop where the parts were ordered. A day later the body shop informed me that the condenser was back ordered and according to the GMC parts dealer it was on national back order. I waited a week at which time the body shop informed me that the GMC dealer could not give them any time frame on when the back ordered part would be available. I then contacted the GMC dealer where I purchased the vehicle and had it serviced regularly to inquire about the back ordered part. The parts department advised me that the condenser was on national back order and they had no idea when it might be available. I contacted GMC directly and was told they had no information. So after six weeks of frustration and no help from GMC my truck sits in the drive way as I continue to wait for some kind of response from GMC. My family and I have been long time owners of several Chevrolet and GMC vehicles. this will be my last GM vehicle. As soon as my lease ends this October I will be looking to purchase a Ram or Ford Truck.