Used 2007 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

$7,900

Used Envoy for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

I love this car

Gary, 08/22/2008

This is the 6th SUV I have owned. The others were Fords. I hesitated buying the car because of some review I read but I liked the looks of it so I bought it anyway. I have been extremely happy with the car. It drives and rides well. I have the Denali so it has about everything on it. I wouldn't call it a workhorse but in the Oregon where I live it fits the needs of the typical small family.

Envoy

DWinMN, 02/06/2008

I purchased the Envoy after driving my 99 GMC Jimmy nearly 200000 miles. After test driving competitor models, I returned to GMC for a vehicle with more features and more for my money. The Envoy has been flawless in performance. The mileage isn't the greatest but accelerating easy has me exceeding the estimated mpg. I am getting 16.5 mpg city and 22-23 highway. The Envoy has good visibility and drives off road reasonably well. I am still impressed by how comfortable the seats are. Storage and space is impressive. GMC just needs to add some of teh features of the Acadia and they will have the perfect mid size SUV.

Denali = Outstanding Value for your Money

Lav_tip, 12/19/2006

I really enjoy this vehicle. I personally like the nav system and don't really care about the whole "CD" issue. Oh by the way, I also own an '06 Lexus GS300 AWD and my wife owns an '06 RX330 and neither one of us listens to CDs. We do however enjoy our subscriptions to XM satellite radio. I test all the competitors products and found that the Denali was equivalent to the 4Runner, Pathfinder and the other American products as well. I love driving this vehicle. I drove it from Herndon, VA to Knoxville, TN and it performed extremely well and was a very comfortable ride.

Nice Ride

Joe, 07/17/2007

I was hesitant to by an American made car since I always have driven a Toyota but so far I have been very impressed. The Envoy is very comfortable, has great pick up and go while sustaining very little road noise. So far, I am really impressed.

Better than the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

alventura160, 11/07/2007

I was very hesitant to purchase the Envoy because I was driving an extremely reliable 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser at the time. The FJ Cruiser was a fun vehicle to own, but there were a lot of design flaws I could not get past. Most of all, the suicide doors made it very difficult for people to get in and out of the back seat. The Envoy provides such a quiet and comfortable ride. My wife and I carpool to work most of the week, and we look forward to our morning and afternoon drives in our Envoy. I am fairly sure that the next car I purchase will also be a General Motors vehicle. I encourage anyone that is shopping for a safe and comfortable SUV to test drive the Envoy.

Luxury and power for a great price

Ray, 11/10/2007

The Envoy Denali is a pleasure to drive because of it's luxury and performance. Build quality is outstanding and the option packages include the DVD and Nav systems. Even though the Envoy is going to be replaced by the Acadia, it's still a great vehicle at an affordable price. I love the creature features and the safety and security of the front and side air bags.

2007 GMC Envoy Fuel Gauge

nettieg, 03/25/2012

I have driven (and love) my 2007 Envoy. The truck is so comfortable & it has been 100% reliable for me. I currently have 35,600 original miles on it. It is a total disappointment to me that GMC refuses to pay for a replacement fuel gauge. I sure can't afford to pay half ($325.00) for a new gauge anymore then anyone else can. I tried to appeal to GMC because I am 60 years old & on Social Security Disability, but to no avail. The company evidently does not care what sort of "American made (???)" parts suppliers it deals with. So for now, with gas at $3.95/gallon, I just top off the tank every 5 days. I hope that at some point, a GMC executive drove the Envoy & ran out of gas.

Will never buy another GM!!

suzie_q_757, 05/11/2012

I purchases my envoy about 1 1/2 yr ago and about 1 month later the airbag, oil pressure, stabli link, and gas sensors went out in it!! About 6 months ago I noticed that the bottom of the rear doors are rusting. I called GM and they say that since it is not rusting completly threw the doors yet it would not be covered under the corrosion warranty, but they will cover it as a courtosy? Really?!? Okay so after getting the approval I asked what im suppose to do while my vehicle will be in the bodyshop for a week and they said they do not cover rentals or loaner vehicles under the corrosion warranty!! [non-permissible content removed]! This vehicle has caused me nothing but headaces!! I will be trading this in! no more GM

Cookie Cutter interior

Charles Gatewood, 09/30/2017
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you like cookie cutter interiors when it comes to colors then buy General Motors, I think people do it because that's all that's available. I have talk to people who think as I do the interior should be all one color, dashboard, headliner door panel steering wheel, seats, seat belts, carpet and roof support post. Back in the 70's I bought a 1973 Grand Prix Red On Red it even had a darker red Vinyl top everything inside the car was red. I took it in for service in 1975 and I fell in love with a 1975 Grand Prix that I saw on the showroom floor it was two tone Honduras red and Burgundy with a burgundy vinyl top the whole interior was Red I loved the looks of this car so much I ordered one I also ordered a Firebird for my wife beige with a light brown vinyl top and all beige interior. The Interiors and paint colors for most cars today are crap. I think Kia and Lincoln finally got it somewhat right I just bought a 2017 Kia Cadenza Limited Brown on Brown and I saw a Lincoln Navigator that was cream color with all brown Interior. Looks like some manufacturers are trying to bring it back where it should be GM should take notes.

Not your quiet ride

Lynda Smith, 04/02/2008

I bought this SUV because I was really drawn to the style and outside appearance of the vehicle I also fell in love with the interior. I have leased Nissan vehicles in the past and my husband talked me into looking at GMC. I thought it was everything I wanted in an SUV so we purchased the SUV instead of leasing. I travel on the highway 90% of the time and I was so disappointed in the wind noise of this vehicle I knew something had to be wrong. Why would you make such a classy vehicle and forget about quality. After taking it to the dealership three time we were told nothing is wrong with the vehicle that is just the quality of GMC.

51050