2018 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

First GMC
By Paul L.

2018 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our Acadia Denali has been a great experience for us to date. The ride with the optional active suspension is terrific. Performance and fuel economy are great and the comfort level in the front is quite good. Passengers in the third row are cramped. The safety features are excellent and we have no problems with the build quality, with one exception...the latch system on the roof panels are very cheap and show gaps. This caliber of vehicle should have a power shade.

Two weeks in and love it
By Bob Cox

2018 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Researched this vehicle a lot before test driving. Loved the test drive. Size, interior and performance are right for me. It's only been two weeks but no complaints so far. Hoping for better than expected fuel efficiency.

Excellent SUV
By Al Day

2018 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Acadia as much for the active safety features as anything. The Technology Package adds valuable accident prevention features. My bonus is that it's comfortable to drive and ride in and large enough for four adults without being gigantic. The only service it's required is a routine oil change.

We love our Denali
By Scott

2018 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife found the new Acadia while I was buying my Canyon. She loved the new down size as she had a Terrain and never likes the larger Acadia size. The Denali we found was on a very good rebate and made for a super buy. We got everything on it. One item many dealers do not have on most Denali models is the electronic tuned handling suspension. We almost did not get it till we drove one and it was well worth the money. It turns sport mode into a SSEI like touring sedan handling with a better ride. As for the third row and storage criticism it is not an issue for us as we folded the third row when we bought it and never used it since. The space is more than our Terrain was and suits us fine. The only issue is the latch on the sun roof cover in front. It is plastic and breaks even not using it. I made my own catch in Aluminum. We are please and would not hesitate again to buy one.

Please Spare Yourself the Regret
By Paul H

2018 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned numerous new cars in my life, across a span of automakers. I've owned Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, VW and GMC. I have never--and I repeat NEVER--owned such a pronounced example of garbage workmanship. This vehicle's fit and finish are so inadequate that I will never again purchase another product made by General Motors. Unless you're paying $10,000 for a brand new one, you're better buying anything else. My complaint? The vehicle seemed great upon test driving. Now that I've owned the vehicle for six months and it has 5,000 miles on it, it is literally sounding like it is falling apart. The windows/doors on this vehicle are designed so poorly that the front windows, in particular, CREAK and GROAN LOUDLY around every turn. I kid you not--turn at 15 miles per hour on smooth pavement and both front windows will groan louder than the radio for the entire turn. Any bumps? You'll think you're in a 1976 truck with 475,000 miles. When I pull up my driveway, which is uphill, I mean the sound is incredulous. You wouldn't believe it unless you rode in my "professional grade" piece of trash. It honestly sounds like a mechanical arm is in the process of ripping off the closed, locked door. Prior to this I owned a newer model Durango and while not perfect, the fit and finish were so far outside of this vehicle's wheelhouse that you'd think the Dodge was handcrafted by Ferrari. I typically keep vehicles 3 years, as I'm then in an equity position and don't like driving a vehicle that is aging. I can't even fathom keeping this rolling pile of garbage to the one year mark. The structure rigidity and frame integrity would be bested by a ten year old convertible. Please spare yourself the regret and financial loss incurred by purchasing something of this poor quality. I would have been better off burning the nearly 40Gs in Vegas on nothing.