2017 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Shifty Gmc.
By Stormy

2017 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2107 Acadia. Shift to park problem that does not allow the car electronics to turn off. Must restart several times and wiggle the stick forward and backward to eventually correct. Gm knows the problem and does nothing to correct saying they working on what to do. No concern for the continuous problem the cust must be frustrated with on a daily basis.
No effort to replace the shifting mechanisms. . So just wait and live with it. Unacceptable. Do not buy this car. Most all other cars stick shift mechanisms work properly.

Entertainment
By Rick Baxter

2017 GMC Acadia SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Vehicle this Calaber and price everything is up to par and exceeds in most everything and then they get to the entertainment part of it and they take out the CD player and how cheap can you get. Not everyone uses the cloud. I will not buy another new vehicle if that is the way they are going. Some of us have a lot invested in our music. GM will have to do without me as a customer. I have been a GM customer for over 50 years.

The design won me over, but.....
By Matt Adams

2017 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a good size SUV after wanting something AWD when trading in my 2015 Kia Optima EX.... The Acadia All Terrain SLE2 won me over and I love the way it looks and drives. I bought the one with the bench rear seat and dual sunroof. The V6 has plenty of power and the AWD system is amazing, in my opinion. I feel very safe driving this. Now for the bad, after 6,000 miles I got an error one day stating "Low Engine Power Mode"... immediately took it in and they replaced the electronic pedal system. Fixed the issue. A few miles later the driveshaft started making a ticking noise and got very loud after driving for a while, mainly over bumps and even the smallest ones it would make a noise... Not normal. The dealership replaced something due to a recall. Fixed the issue. Randomly the lights will all flash.. but since I can't duplicate it.. dealerships have no interest or idea what could have happened. The sunroof had to be realigned and still makes a cracking noise when closing and sometimes bounces back to open... I found water inside the rear glass when washing.. Today I get in after it had been raining all night and my passenger side has standing water... Brake plate on the driver side rattles like crazy.. I think this car had great "initial quality", but this will be my last GM product. I put 60,000 on my Kia from buying it new and not ONE problem.. $46,000 for this is way too much.... Too bad I can't trade it in since with 12,000 miles its worth about $20,000 less than what I paid for it.

Thought i was buying a good car
By Steve

2017 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ridding car. Floats down the highway but you can feel its a very heavy car. Front brakes wore out at 27000 and the electrical system is failing. dealer says it will be many months to get the parts do to a high demand. dealer said the problems are caused by the road salt. well ya. we use road salt in the north east, nothing new. Why not make the car so salt is not a problem. getting rid of it as soon as the parts arrive and buying a Toyota

Re: Apple CarPlay
By LC

2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve owned my 2017 Acadia for 9 months and I love it. It’s large enough for the 5 of us and very comfortable. My husband is 6’4” and he’s very satisfied with the comfort level in the driver and passenger seats for his legs. We drove it about 17 hours to Florida and all passengers were just fine in reference to comfort, space, & electronics. That’s what we love about this SUV. I waited awhile to write this review after that trip to “just see” if I’d have any challenges with it and I do, unfortunately. Albeit small, but worrisome to say the least. The problem lies within my USB ports AND Apple CarPlay. The USB ports have gone bad which shouldn’t happen on a 9-month-old car, but they have & I’m having them repaired at my next oil change. This vehicle is still under warranty which is good, but there’s no reason that this should be occurring. Neither port works well and my CarPlay shuts off and on periodically. One other comment: Some reviewers fail to realize that the engine on the new GMCs shut off when you come to a full stop. Learn about your transmission folks! I have learned techniques to deal with the engine shut off at lights, while parking, & when gidlocked in traffic. You’ll get used to it. There were other SUVs that I straddled the fence with including the Chevy Traverse & the Toyota Highlander, but they didn’t compare to the Acadia me. I’ve also owned a GMC Denali Yukon which I traded for another car. The Yukon, although beautiful on the exterior, is NOT larger than the Acadia nor is it better on gas - far worse! I hope that this helps! You won’t go wrong with the Acadia.