Used 2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Going Strong!
By Papa123

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Acadia pre-owned in 2012. 125,000 miles and 6 years later we still love it! It has performed well on all our family trips and always provides comfortable seats and a smooth ride. The one complaint we have is the right headlight has blown out three times? This seems odd as I have never had a headlight blow out on another vehicle I have owned. But other than that we love the Acadia and we hope to get Many more miles out of her!

RUN!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!
By Jay

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an SUV for my daughter. In the 2 1/2 years of owning the car it has cost me just over $12,000 in repairs !!! Every time i was assured it was in great condition and then something else would go. First it was the Catalytic converter, then the crank shaft etc. One thing after another! Now I am told the engine has to be removed to fix whatever it is called to a tune of $4,000! I could have bought a new CAR!!!! I am trading it in and will NEVER BUY GMC AGAIN! Please do not get this dreadful car. I am broke over this ridiculous car. I tell my kids it's the devil dressed in white. We all hate this car now.

Timing chains should not "stretch" !!!
By Patrick Campbell

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2010 Acadia sl just over 100000 miles and they say it needs new timing chains but you have to drop the engine $5000!!! But they say the car is only worth $10000.... no recall ???? But I hear lots of complaints...

I hate this car
By Brett

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There honestly might be no car in this world that is worse than the front wheel drive Acadia. It doesn't matter if you live in the fattest areas in the world, this car will constantly get stuck. My roommates drive front wheel drive sedans and can get around no problem in the snow, the Acadia literally can't get out of the driveway. Also has constant problems. Air conditioner hasn't worked for years even after putting hundreds of dollars into fixing it, engine randomly dies in cold weather. I have used this car for a few years as an extra car in my family, before purchasing my own car 2 years ago. My car was totalled so I have been using the Acadia to get to class/work and it seriously makes me angry every single time I drive it. Terrible winter car.

Great family vehicle!
By Noel

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well maintained, garage only, Bluetooth, DVD player, extended warranty available, big 19" rims, minimal wear. Very reliable family vehicle!