Used 2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Disappointed
By Nico

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought for the space it has but all I get is problems that the extended warranty don't cover at all. I don't understand why GM motor don't do a recall or warranty the catalystic converter for longer if they know this going to be a future problems on this vehicle.

Nothing but constant problems
By Bw

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Professional grade. Worst vehicle I ever owned. I could list all the problems but don’t have time to rewrite the entire owners manual. Only positive is it looks good in the driveway. Final blow is need a new engine like so many of my friends who owned one. Surely not my fault as everybody I know who has one has problems.

Going Strong!
By Papa123

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Acadia pre-owned in 2012. 125,000 miles and 6 years later we still love it! It has performed well on all our family trips and always provides comfortable seats and a smooth ride. The one complaint we have is the right headlight has blown out three times? This seems odd as I have never had a headlight blow out on another vehicle I have owned. But other than that we love the Acadia and we hope to get Many more miles out of her!

Update: We now have 144000 miles on our trusty Acadia. Still could not be happier. Did have one incident of the vehicle not starting but turns out it was a crankshaft sensor that only costed 25 bucks and I replaced it myself. Can’t complain if that’s the only issue after 144000 miles. This car is extremely reliable and even when we get a newer car we plan to keep this as a backup because it is so dependable. Love it!

RUN!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!
By Jay

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an SUV for my daughter. In the 2 1/2 years of owning the car it has cost me just over $12,000 in repairs !!! Every time i was assured it was in great condition and then something else would go. First it was the Catalytic converter, then the crank shaft etc. One thing after another! Now I am told the engine has to be removed to fix whatever it is called to a tune of $4,000! I could have bought a new CAR!!!! I am trading it in and will NEVER BUY GMC AGAIN! Please do not get this dreadful car. I am broke over this ridiculous car. I tell my kids it's the devil dressed in white. We all hate this car now.

Timing chains should not "stretch" !!!
By Patrick Campbell

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2010 Acadia sl just over 100000 miles and they say it needs new timing chains but you have to drop the engine $5000!!! But they say the car is only worth $10000.... no recall ???? But I hear lots of complaints...