Used 2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

i'm bullish on taurus

automobility, 12/05/2011
SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought my '05 wagon new, replacing a '95 volvo 960. the volvo was my dream car become rude awakening, so i wanted an affordable, reliable car. i got one. i keep the mobile one fresh, am careful with the transmission, complete stops before shifting, etc. when i change the trans fluid, the old looks as clean as the new. 84,000 problem free miles so far. smooth ride, quiet cabin, ice cold air, wonderful stereo, cheap to insure, and invisible to cops. she is garage kept, and i always park her at the far edge of a lot, so she looks new. last oil change, my mechanic offered to buy the car. i'll drive her 'til she drops, then i'm buying a ford flex

Can't beat the value

DJ, 06/23/2008
SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfy (leather & power) seats, really smooth ride, quiet and good overall handling. Good ABS brakes and fwd is great in snow. Great hwy mpg at 27-29 with a/c going and going 75 mph! I bought this car because I had a 2001 Taurus I liked - person who bought it still drives it daily to work, no problems. I bought the 2005 SEL used for $13k with only 23k miles and only 2 yrs old. Much better deal than any Honda or Toyota, and it will cost me less overall, and not rattle like those foreign cars when it has 100k + miles on it. Great quality and value in this car! I like that its a sleeper - no cops. Old, middle aged or young, rich or poor, people can all drive this car and look OK doing so.

Taurus 2004 - HAYES

Vhayestuu, 05/22/2004
SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Was skeptical of performance, economy wise, during 1st 1000 miles. My 1st real test came during trip of 300mi. Averaged 24.1mpg, with some around town driving at the dest. Noticed appreciable increase in town driving since around 2000mi. Now averaging 20.6 town driving. Driving Taurus wagons since 1988. They fill my need for sedan like performance with extra cargo space. 1st experience with DOC engine. At first, a bit offset with the different sound resonated until I looked under the hood and saw the engine.

Beware Ford Tauruses--Transmission issues!

meh123, 01/18/2012
SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus, currently in the shop with transmission out. I have also owned a 1996 Ford Taurus which had to have the transmission replaced twice. The 2005 also had a transmission issue that cost 1,000 to replace. I will have to buy a new car because this transmission will cost 4,400. I will never buy another automatic Ford again. Only plus is that it has a VERY sturdy build and is comfortable to drive.

Best car I've ever owned

LeOndra, 11/29/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know if I just got lucky but I have had my Taurus for 10 years and it is still going. The accelerator did start to stick at about 75,000 and that can be very dangerous, but my son did a quick fix and it's been just fine ever since. Other than that I have not had any problems with the car. I am very fortunate to own such a reliable car. if it starts to give me problems at this point I will not be disappointed because the car has served me very well.

12345...20