Used 1998 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

GOOD SOLID CAR

ssmarkk, 03/11/2011
SE 4dr Sedan

I have purchased my car in 2002 with 72,000 miles on it. Now car has 131,000 miles and mechanically sounds perfectly. Had no major problems with the car at all. Since 2002 I had to change battery, the timing belt (at around 110,000 miles which is expected), belt tensioner, braking pads, boots and front rotors, turn signal switch, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, stabilizing link bars, 5 times changed expansion tank for cooling liquid, cabin and turning signal light bulbs, and, of course, tires. As you can see the most of the replacements are related to the routine maintenance. No problems with transmission and engine. This car become our family member.

Great Car

Jes, 08/06/2010
SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Taurus as a first car when I first began to learn to drive. As a new driver, I did not take very good care of my car. It has taken a few beatings and some basic maintenance has been lacking but even in light of that, the car has still run great up until this point. The car now has 201,000 miles on it and the biggest problem it still has ever had is bad wheel bearings. It is an excellent car with very few problems and I have loved driving it!

Love This Car

chuck, 06/25/2010
SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased new in August 1997 to replace 2003 SHO. Fun to drive, a tenth of a second slower than SHO in 1/4 mile. Runs even with current 5.0 Mustangs. Looks great, gets a lot of attention. Have had no mechanical problems just regular maintenance. No service issues. Used as second vehicle. This was an early model year vehicle so it has dual exhaust and trim items cost reduced out in later 1968 SE and performance packages. It is on its third set of premium tires, maybe due to driver style. Never thought of selling it until I drove the new SHO but it will still be a tough decision.

A Dependable Ride

jiffland, 10/21/2002
SE 4dr Sedan

Just purchased the taurus, but compared to other vehicles of it's class it is a very smooth ride, no major problems, but watch the door ajar switch, Ford is aware of the problem. Feels like you are in a more pricey car, nice pickup, no real hesitation, holds the road great.

A truly great beater

firstwagon, 02/27/2011
LX 4dr Sedan

I bought our 98 Taurus SE for $1200 2 years ago. Since then we have put 20,000 miles on it and done nothing but oil changes. Mileage is good, handles great for an American car, is comfortable and has a big trunk. I just wanted a cheap beater as a second car but it turned out to be a reliable daily driver.

12345...16