Used 2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

good little truck
By don barlow

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

no problems in over four years.never left me walking.not even close.

Still love my Ranger after 2 years
By Ronald

2002 Ford Ranger XLT Appearance 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Runs great. even after I hit a deer. man was that painful to see my front end push in. had to get body work done. but looks and runs great now. still love my Ranger.

The only rig i havent been able to kill!....yet
By John handy

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I will tell you this is a tough s.o.b! I've always been known as a hard drivin, evil Duke boy kinda guy .I have driven rallied and raced more vehicles to death than i can count .I purchased my 2002 Ranger FX4 right after a very long relationship ended and as usually is the case the ex releived me of my new truck.Being of irish decent and pissed at the world i took ALOT of my issues out on my Ranger.Trees couldnt stop it nor could fences ,huge rocks,mailboxes,garbage cans, stumps, flat bed trailers(both tires up and over like joey chitwood) humps, jumps, holes you name it i bet ive crashed into it ,run it over, or offended it in the last 2yrs and it just keeps going! 90mph in 3rd with the tach pegged dosent even phase my little red bastard.This truck has had my back through a very rough time and never let me down.The little red bastard is family to me now and i'd fight to the death for it.

Good reliable truck for the money!
By Bill Slater

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck I've owned 5 rangers in my lifetime when I grew up my family has owned them dad and grandfather
My recent ranger I've owned for over 3 years 2002 4x4 fx4 great truck great in the snow 4x4 works awesome I get poor fuel economy 13 city lucky if I get 17 highway but no need to complain no 4x4 midsize truck will get good fuel economy
I have 93000 miles on it besides brakes and replacing the shackle springs which my 93 ranger I had to replace common
Problem on all rangers if I ranked my truck I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10

Drove my truck for 12 years, now it needs a clutch
By 4wdona2wd

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck had not been in a shop for mechanical repairs till this year, it is 12 years old, it has over 150,000 miles.
Took it to the shop, to get a clutch, and the mechanic said it didn't give him any trouble, however, it is starting to jam when I am shifting gears, so I will have to take it back.
It has been on dirt mountain roads where only 4wd jeeps were spotted, and it has seen a lot of beautiful country all along the Blue Ridge, Smokies, and other great mountain terrain.
This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.. If not the best.

Manual shift, roll up windows (not electric), camper is set on the back so I can buy groceries, and the camper locks, so I can get a lot of stuff in the back of my pickup truck. I can take a lot of things with me. Love my truck.

rear view mirrors should be able to be folded in. because driving in a garage there is no give if you get to close to the door. :) Door should be locked when you get out from the outside as you can lock your keys in it.