Used 2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I'm gonna miss her when she's gone
By jim bob bobkin

2002 Ford Ranger XL 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck since it was new... over 16 years! Been very dependable and capable for a small truck. After moving from Texas to snow country, I'm afraid it may be time for 4WD. Can't stress enough how reliable this truck has been. Power is adequate but works hard to go up winding mountain roads. MPG has always been better than advertised.

good little truck
By don barlow

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

no problems in over four years.never left me walking.not even close.

Still love my Ranger after 2 years
By Ronald

2002 Ford Ranger XLT Appearance 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Runs great. even after I hit a deer. man was that painful to see my front end push in. had to get body work done. but looks and runs great now. still love my Ranger.

The only rig i havent been able to kill!....yet
By John handy

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I will tell you this is a tough s.o.b! I've always been known as a hard drivin, evil Duke boy kinda guy .I have driven rallied and raced more vehicles to death than i can count .I purchased my 2002 Ranger FX4 right after a very long relationship ended and as usually is the case the ex releived me of my new truck.Being of irish decent and pissed at the world i took ALOT of my issues out on my Ranger.Trees couldnt stop it nor could fences ,huge rocks,mailboxes,garbage cans, stumps, flat bed trailers(both tires up and over like joey chitwood) humps, jumps, holes you name it i bet ive crashed into it ,run it over, or offended it in the last 2yrs and it just keeps going! 90mph in 3rd with the tach pegged dosent even phase my little red bastard.This truck has had my back through a very rough time and never let me down.The little red bastard is family to me now and i'd fight to the death for it.

Good reliable truck for the money!
By Bill Slater

2002 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck I've owned 5 rangers in my lifetime when I grew up my family has owned them dad and grandfather
My recent ranger I've owned for over 3 years 2002 4x4 fx4 great truck great in the snow 4x4 works awesome I get poor fuel economy 13 city lucky if I get 17 highway but no need to complain no 4x4 midsize truck will get good fuel economy
I have 93000 miles on it besides brakes and replacing the shackle springs which my 93 ranger I had to replace common
Problem on all rangers if I ranked my truck I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10