2017 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Ford Mustang GT 5L
By Richard V

2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Real muscle car. Love the power and especially the Ford Sync (well worth the refinery and ease of navigation, Bluetooth all together). Still very plasticy and rattley - but this frankly is not why you buy the car. Just touch the gas and whoosh...love it.

2017 Grabber Blue Pony V6 Manual 6 Speed
By Mike Fort

2017 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car is very sporty, very reliable, it rides good, performs excellent like a pony car should. Buy one. You WON'T be dissatisfied !

Overall it is a wonderfully complete sports car...
By Bob

2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

...looks great, lots of power and a lot of fun to drive. My Mustang has the performance package and is black on black with black emblems and smoked out lights. It draws much more attention than I ever thought it would. It has a lot of power. The car is geared low and driven by a high torque engine that easily breaks the wheels loose even when you are not trying. I think the vehicle would be a better ride geared just a bit higher...unless you want to drive it like a drag racer. I have wanted a muscle car for 50 years and this one is great. I would most certainly buy it again. Now I'll mention a couple of things that could be improved on. When the wheels break loose the car exhibits wheel hop. It is especially noticable if you are turning. There are some relatively inexpensive after market fixes for the problem but out of the factory you should expect wheel hop. The 6 speed shifter is not smooth. It is notchy and easy to miss select gears. There are a lot of after market shifters available for a few hundred dollars that would probably be a big improvement. I would have already put one in if I could install it myself. Since I don't have a lift I can't and I'm not comfortable giving my car to some potential mechanic hack to take it apart and put back together so for now I'm going to live with it. But all in all it is a great car for the money. If you are thinking of buying one, go for it and you won't be sorry.

2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible #S550 #Coyote
By Shayne F.

2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Sexy car, no real complaints. Fun to drive, does turn heads. If I could change anything it would be transmission. The 10 speed on 2018 and newer is much nicer. I also like the digital dash option on 18 and newer, better than the analog gauge package.

Problem after Problem
By Lori

2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where to start? Ordered 2017 Ecoboost Mustang convertible. Estimated to be received August 2017 received, received sept 2017. Not a big deal. I absolutely love the look of this car! Unfortunately I haven't even had a chance to look at it that much because it's been in the shop! I have now had to take it back to Liberty Ford in Brunswick Ohio 5 times! This car has less than 9,500 miles on it so yes I take extremely good care of it! It has been in the shop more than 2 months out of the 2 years I have owned it for various problems with stereo and vents. One thing gets fixed and the other breaks. My car has had a new wiring harness replaced, 3 vent HVAC systems replaced, 1 stereo, converter, etc,, etc, etc. the entire front of this car has been torn down 4 times! This was a BRAND new car obviously it's a lemon! Liberty Ford has contacted the engineer on multiple occasions who seems to just say replace this part and that part and see if it works. There is an obvious defect! Each time it has been in the shop I have had a rental - a Ford Escape. While it was ok the first couple times, I bought a Mustang convertible not an SUV.