2017 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Nothing but junk!!!!!!
By Daniel

2017 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st new car. I'm 41, and didn't know anything about credit when I was young. I suffered for that for a long time. I finally got into the position to get my something I really wanted. I've had it 12 days and today I had to put it in the shop. The trans is bad. Motor has lost horsepower. Bad vibrations and metal on metal grinding noises. I took it to the dealer where they said they can't get to it till the 1st of the week. They won't give me a loaner until they diagnose the problem. I have purchased many used Ford's and have always loved them, but now I wished I would have looked at challenger. Thanks ford for making my 1st new car experience a nightmare!

Great American Icon
By Jerry

2017 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Everybody loves this beautiful red Mustang with 2008 GT500 black stripes plus the black out option. Even Chevolet guys have made commits about how good the car looks. Kids love it.

2017 Mustang Air Conditioning weak
By Manny

2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I shouldn't be having Air Conditioning problems with such a new car and under 7,000 miles. My air conditioning went out and I took it to the dealer. They said it would be 2 to 3 days before they could get to it. Cars brought in on Monday and Tuesday were ahead of me and they were backed up. They never offered me a rental car until I spoke to the service manager and he checked to see what extended coverage protection I had. Fortunately I had the Extended service protection plan and so I qualified for a free rental car. No one would volunteer that information. Only after I pressed did they finally admit that I was due a rental car. They called Enterprise for me. So I am expecting my car to be in the shop for at least a week. The computer screen is also shutting off and restarting as we drive and the Blutooth disconnects during calls randomly. We love the car but the dealership is hard to work with and these small problems can be fixed...... Hopefully

2017 Mustang GT/Performance Package
By S550Ryder

2017 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Performance package stffins the suspension a lot to the point of a very bumpy ride on roads that are not real smooth. The ride is liveable if your expecting it, so if you are looking for a Touring ride, the performance package is not for you. The 6speed manual is a little disappointing. It clunks when shifting into gears from a stop, and is very notchy thru the upshifts. Ford says this is a normal action with the manuals, so beware when selecting a manual transmission. As expected the fuel economy is averageing 12mpg, with the 5.0 so don't complain about the lousy mileage. The GT handles very well with the GT package and steering response and brake response is excellent. Otherwise a nice package and I would buy it again but in the future I may opt for the new 10spd auto transmission which was not available in 2017.

affordable little pocket rocket
By Roger and Cheryl Tucker

2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I were wanting a second vehicle for errand running and pleasure rides. I had mustangs in the past and she really liked the styling and the suprising comfort of the premium models seating. I am a retired senior master Ford technician and can vouch for the fact that these cars are rarely in the shop for any issues. The git-up-and go factor is definitely there. Amazing performance. Super comfortable. Fuel mileage for ours is overall at 27 mpg. I would recommend the ecoboost premium model to anyone. Be prepared for a lot of "cool car" comments.