Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Baby blue dream
By Helen

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever had. She is dependable no repairs so far except regular oil changes. She drives soft and smooth down the high way. And beleive me I the drive her fast and in the summer with the convertiable down their is no other feeling. i am 58 and when I get behind the wheel I feel like a teenager again. I had a 1967 and a 1965 when I was a Kid. But this one best caron the road. Ford YEA

Worked three summers for it, best first car ever!!
By Brian Snow

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not for the faint of heart. A red convertible mustang (even ten years old now) still draws quite the attention. Mine is a cop magnet, whenever I even consider revving the engine I know they are waiting around the corner for the next youngster in a red car. By today's standards a 200+ horsepower pony car is by no means american muscle, but nothing beats hitting interstate speeds in under 6 seconds with the top down.
Pros: the ride is amazing, I'm used to riding bikes and being able to feel the road. Last year I made a deal with a guy, he was putting radials on his new gt and sold me his brand-new 2013 gt rims and his Perreli-nero-zeros for 300 bucks. Thus I have a nicer car then 95% of the people in town. It's a source of freedom and pride haha. But when I park somewhere everybody knows its me. Black leather interior, black roof (the fancy vinyl-ish kind, not the cloth top), and of course, the exclusive red sally paint job.
Cons: The air conditioning can barely keep up with the heat of two passengers on a hot sunny day (105 degrees), but that's to be expected with a black topped car. Also, the engine is limited in fourth gear. Ruins my fun. But then again there's no need to even be in fourth gear under 85 miles per hour.

05 v6 auto
By crack007

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good reliability but the dash cluster sucks everyone I know that has one has went bad. The mpg for a v6 is horrible a v6 should get high 20s, I drive 84 miles a day and get 23 tops.
The 2000 I had got 28 same drive.

It's comfortable to drive once you get in. Mpg is marginal for a v6 car that's why I bought a v6 was for mpg and it's the same as a v8. Slow warming up for heat..

Fix it where you can fill it at any pump not with the car tilted to the passenger side w front down. Better mpg, have Gauges that work rather than just jump to one spot and stay there

The year the pony got its gallop back ;-)
By bryanbrock

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 5th mustang I have owned all others being older models,
And I have to give ford credit it is a vast improvement and a whole different animal. Handling is by far much improved due to new chassis engineering, you get 305hp in the GT! Which is the most power available to the GT to that date. Engine management system does a great job of turning it into a boulevard bully when your in the mood then pretend its Hybrid when it senses your trying to save gas.
Back seat takes effort to get into but plenty of room in the 2005 when back there.
Clutch could be handled by my 80 yr old grandma, ..not heavy at all!
Now even the car is 6 years old it still gets complements and ride requests!

Things I like best about this mustang.. Best out of the retro designs in my opinion. I love the aluminum dash, "My Color" is a blast to play with. say if you like 70s rock.. you can program the radio to search for only those stations ware ever you go if your car is equiped with "audiofile" like mine.. love it! The retro Craiger rocket wheels are a nice touch, Cruise control with a 5 speed car, it can be a gas saver when needed and milage is greatly improved from say the 1998 or 1993 mustangs I have owned, again handling, handling, handling much improved!

Improvements.. Ok ford, with as much as I love the interior their is too much plastic! wrap the dash in leather too or something! Tapty noises come from the fuel injectors after warmed up, but seems to only affect 05 models and has not affected performance or reliability.. just annoying. Shaker 1000.. if eqiupped in the 05 can get fusterated with your burnt CD and spit it out randomly.. again this seems to be 05 specific. keep in mind that ford moved the Mustang from Dearbourn.. ware it had been built since 1964 to be manufactured at International Auto Alliance starting with the 2005 model. of course bugs are a part of the 05 but nothing that will take the smile off your face at 80mph+;-)

Best Mustang V6 i ever driven!
By bikersam

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

05 Mustang V6 is the best car i ever driven, the 4.0 engine is fast and fuel efficient and reliable, i don't know what people are complainning about, when i buy a car, i don't care about the looks, the small things that go wrong with it, i go for preformance, the Motor and Trans, those are the most importance of a car, if the motor and transmission is in good working condition and so far, i had this Mustang since 2005 and its 2012, i have no problems with the engine and transmission and thats great for a Ford!! The only small problems was the battery went bad in 4 years, thats normal for any car, the dashboard gages went bad on the temp. and fuel gage, no big problem!

All

Dashboard Gages, besides, that, Nothing!