Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The Red Beast
By David

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I’ve owned my red V6 Mustang for about 6 years now, it had 89k miles on it. It’s at 139k now. The car has never let me down or given me any problems. Regular maintenance and oil changes every 3k miles of course. I’ve had to fix the exhaust a couple occasions, due to potholes. It’s my daily driver all year in Wyoming. I’ve had it through some pretty rough snow too. I ride snow tires all year also, they’re just nicer tread quality in my opinion. And I drive a lot of gravel. I’ve been stuck once, but shoveled and threw chains on to get out no problem. And during some winter storms I chain up regularly to reach the highway. Everything in the car works. It burns very little oil. It’s fast enough and looks cool. Lots of after market mods available. I plan to get new shocks and struts next as they are looking rusty, but they still feel stiff. I average 20-23 miles on the highway. The value on these cars is way more then the few thousand dollars you can buy one for now.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! THE BEST CAR EVER!
By Linda

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. I have had it for several years now. I am now at over 220000 miles. I have considered buying a newer car but I am having a difficult time parting with this car. I bought it used and have only had minor issues that I really cannot complain about. The windows stopped working at separate times and the motors were replaced. The fuel pump was replaced. That's the only issues I have had with this car and I am not complaining. I keep up with maintaining the oil changes regularly as I do a lot of driving. I have had so many compliments on this car. It is a beauty. Many people think it is a GT. I cannot say enough about this vehicle. I purchased it used from a family who took excellent care of it. It had about 134000 miles on it when I bought it. I am surprised at how roomy the trunk is and how much I can actually get in there. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard "I love your car". I have had newer cars than this and they may have been more roomier or higher priced but I would not trade this one in for any of them. I have decided to keep it until I can't keep in anymore. I just can't part with a car that has been so awesome! If you are considering buying this car don't hesitate but do your research. I bought from an honest family who took great care of this car. I also did a carfax before purchasing. I could not be happier with my 2000 Ford Mustang! Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Good all around car
By Ben Toms-Lucy

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had 2 no major problems.

Clear
By Robert

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Takes a licking
By Joe

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car won't stop.I've had it for 15 years and had no major problems besides recalls. I call it 'ol reliable. It always starts and runs like new. I've had no degradation of gas milage or performance. It's too bad that the resale value is so low for such a reliable vehicle.