Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Basic transportation
By Rockinvet

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The 2010 Ford Fusion SE has been fairly dependable basic transportation with 3 major set backs. First was the throttle body recall which I had repaired and paid for the just before receiving a recall notice. Long story short the dealer refunded payment after a few weeks of haggling. Next was gas tank vapor system recall. Dealer inspected and system was not defective. Less than a year later system fails and dealer refused to cover under recall citing recall was inspected and confirmed satisfactory. The part fails after inspection so after contacting Ford they approved repair under recall. Last issue was the computer failed. Again argued case with dealer and Ford and succeeded in repair being covered under envision system warranty since the oxygen sensor was the cause of failure.

Nice Ride... But The Repairs Will Kill You
By FloridaDriver

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Ford Fusion SEL in 2011 and had the car until 2017. I loved driving this car, it handles well, smooth and quiet ride. The car was equipped with heated leather seats, sun/moon roof, microsoft sync, etc. It was a great car to drive. I usually purchase a one yr old car and then plan on driving it for 9 years. Once the car gets to be around 10-11 yrs old I purchase another slighted used 1 yr old car. I planned on having this car until 2020, unfortunately the repairs in the last 3 years (2015 and 2017) have been terrible. Realize I'm a 56 single women who drives mostly around town and I rarely have anyone else in the car. Therefore the car is not abused. First thing was the driver's side tail light, it needed to be replaced 3 times in 3 months in 2015. After the 3 time they replaced the entire housing at the tune of $475. Then in 2016 the horn quit working -- to fix this including labor (they needed to take out the air bag to get to it) cost $550... and then in 2016 the driver's side door handle from the inside didn't work - I had to roll down the window, open the door from the outside to get out of the car :-( ... so I went back and to repair/replace a broken part another $575. Then in 2017 the power steering assist light went on and after taking it to the dealer they told me it would cost $1600 to fix -- holy tamoly. After researching and realizing the car (excellent condition) blue book valued at $5500 I decided it was time to trade it in. So I only got 6 years out of it. The reliability and repairs for this car was unfortunately terrible. If you are thinking about purchasing a used Ford Fusion you might want to do more research.

Do Not Buy!!!!!
By Laura Harr

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My son has a 2010 Ford Fusion with less than 100,000 miles on it and the power steering went out on it WHILE HE WAS DRIVING IT!!! After some research I discovered that this was a major problem with this year model and found numerous reports of this same thing happening all over. I have contacted Ford Corp, NHTSA & the FTC and filed complaints with all three but have yet to get cooperation from Ford on the $2400 repair bill. I was advised that there is an open ongoing investigation into the 2010 Fusion about these power steering issues but no recall has been issued at this time even though the 2011Fusion has been recalled for the same problem and has the same power steering parts as the 2010???? I sincerely hope Ford Corp will do the right thing and recall these vehicles before someone gets hurt. A reimbursement for the repair bill that nobody would take responsibility for would be nice as well. Be aware and be careful!

Ford Fusion sport
By Otter

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford Fusion sport last year as my first real car to make payments on. So far it's been very reliable. I'm a delivery driver for my job and so I've put a pretty good amount of miles on my car and it's still going strong. The only complaint I have so far is that my rear parking sensor went out soon after my purchase, so when I back my car up my car won't beep if someone/ something is behind me. It's quite annoying but of things to go wrong it's not bad at all. The fuel economy isn't the greatest, I average 21 mpg but I guess it's the price you pay for the increased horsepower. Overall it's a very fun car to drive, I just wish it had more to it. The sport package only ads around +25 hp to to vehicle compared to the regular 3.0 engine. Which is pretty disappointing when you see it that way. I do love the sporty look though and if you can find one it's around the same price as the other trims. Overall I feel that the fusion sport is a great car as far as reliability, comfort and looks. Just rather disappointing on the performance end. Ford definitely should've gave it more power but it's still worth the buy

Great sedan at a good price
By Joe Glenn

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been extremely reliable, reasonable to maintain, with all the creature comforts of a luxury sedan