2018 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Pleasantly surprised for the price
By Hoosierdaddy2

2018 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Advertised $4000 rebate and dealer discount got me to the dealer to drive one. Very impressed with handling and quiet ride, for the price. Acceleration is perfectly adequate though not exciting. SEL is very little more than an SE with automatic, and you get a lot more. Titanium is too much money to put in this car. Drove an S/T and it's a HOOT, like a Golf GTI for thousands less (after rebate); wanted it but wife won't drive a stick shift and it only comes that way. My star-ratings are "for the price."

Started running rough in 6 gear
By Sean

2018 Ford Focus SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Very economical with a decent look for an affordable price. RAN GREAT for 5,000 miles and now when I drive in 6th gear, it’s starting to “shutter” or “miss” a bit off and on. I’m wondering if it’s going to cause any transmission problems down the road like it’s sister automatic packages... I guess we will see

If you want a basic car ,this car is for you
By Laura Weaver

2018 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2018 Ford Focus is very plain and simple,but durable.It has no CD player .The seats will not hold an over weight person front,or back ,but great for a family of five ,if your kids can get along in back seat touching each other’s legs.It has a spacious trunk for lots of groceries and the back seats let down allowing the trunk to have even more room.The insurance was higher than what I expected 166.00 a month at for a 46 year old women with great driving record.It was more than my sons 2016 Ford Mustang which is 143.00 . The Ford Focus looks a lot like what you see government and city employees driving.There are no fancy bells ,or whistles,but an awesome air conditioner and speakers sound great ,also 30 miles to the gallon for gas highway. I would recommend this vehicle for somebody needing a dependable basic car.

Love it, love it, love it
By Otto

2018 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Not my first Focus. After spending months shopping I decided on the 2018 SEL with all the bells and whistles that go with it. I drove a Chevy Suburban 4X4 for about 15 years and the transition from getting up into a vehicle to getting down into a vehicle took some getting used to. The acceleration is acceptable. Small relatively light car for the horsepower. Quiet, smooth driving. I love the handling. Almost sport's car like. The only thing that can be improved on, in my opinion, is the 6 speed transmission. It seems that sometimes it can't decide which gear to be in. But the Select Shift takes care of that. Have not yet gone on a long trip so I have no comment on that as of yet. Planning on driving from Michigan to Florida soon so I'll update my review then.

disappointing
By Karen B.

2018 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I would not buy this car. It has negative issues. The first is the terrible placement of the speedometer- the steering wheel blocks the right side of it, making it necessary to lean to the left to see the WHOLE speedometer. [ Easy way to get a speeding ticket -"guessing your speed"]. The second issue concerns the back seat head rests. They are too high and block the driver's field of vision when checking for traffic on your right side. The third issue is the trunk latch. Two months into my lease I occasionally, six times to be exact, have had to pull over and close the trunk- after driving a short distance, because the trunk icon shows the trunk is ajar. This happens even though the trunk is "slammed" shut after loading. I would not recommend buying this car. Poor designing. Save your money. In the past I have purchased MANY Ford cars and trucks-and loved them all. I will never consider a Focus due to these three issues. They make this car unsafe to drive ! Be safe. Stay away from the Focus!