Skip to main content

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Very Satisfied

Art La Cues, 04/06/2018
updated 02/16/2022
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Our 2018 Focus SE hatchback has 29,000 miles on it and has been trouble free. The automatic DTC transmission operates flawlessly and the mpg varies from 36 to 40. We have no issues with our Focus and are pleased we purchased it... we rate it a 5 (highest) in all categories.

My Pretty Blue Car

Brook, 03/16/2018
SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got my 2018 Ford Focus SE. Its awesome. The handling the pick up the comfort just amazing. I have own other Ford Focuses and will be staying with them. If they are well cared for they last forever. When I traded in my older focus for this one it had over 200,000 miles and was still going strong.

5 out of 5 stars

Love this car for the looks and MPG.

Scott M., 08/29/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car with $5500.00 off the price before I started to deal. After test driving the SE vs. the SEL it was a no brainer to go with the SEL for the money. SEL adds fog lights, black bezel headlights, 17" rims that dress up the black color with black painted rims with just enough chrome to make them look sporty, 8" touch screen sync 3, 4 wheel disc brakes, heated cloth seats, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting that you can change the color, Sony sound system with 10 speakers including a nice size sub-woofer in the back. The sync 3 is worth the extra cost alone. Bought this car in black and had the side and back windows tinted to 18. Car is very sporty and I get compliments on it often. The ride is not harsh but stiff enough to feel stable and safe. I can stretch out my 6' 1" frame and do not feel cramped at all. The car is not a speed merchant by any stretch but when needed it gets the job done. I did not buy it for speed. The mileage I get on this car far exceeds the EPA estimates. I live in a relatively flat area and get 42 MPG at 70 MPH highway. I average 39 MPG at 30/70 city/highway use. The car rides smooth for a small car and is quiet at all speeds. This is a great value at under $18,000.00 OTD. Could not be happier.

4 out of 5 stars

Pleasantly surprised for the price

Hoosierdaddy2, 08/08/2018
updated 02/24/2022
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Advertised $4000 rebate and dealer discount got me to the dealer to drive one. Very impressed with handling and quiet ride, for the price. Acceleration is perfectly adequate though not exciting. SEL costs very little more than an SE with automatic, and you get a lot more. Titanium is too much money to put in this car. Drove an S/T and it's a HOOT, like a Golf GTI for thousands less (after rebate); wanted it but wife won't drive a stick shift and it only comes that way. My star-ratings are "for the price." Update at one year - No problems and getting 38 mpg on long highway trips; 27-29 mpg on typical city/suburban driving (doing the math at the pump). One scare: driving up a long steep hill in October with 2 other passengers, I could feel the transmission slipping and then a message appeared on the display that said the transmission had overheated, pull over and stop as soon as possible. I did so, and a few minutes later another message said OK to resume driving. I took it to the dealer the next day and they said no codes came up. It hasn't happened since. Update at 18 months and 28,000 miles: No problems, only expense has been oil changes every 5K miles. Still happy with the car, for what it cost. Update at 24 months and 37,000 miles: Check engine light came on in Dec., dealer replaced catalytic converter under warranty. No other problems, only expense has been oil changes every 5K miles. Still happy with the car, for what it cost. Update at 3 years and 45K miles - No problems at all, happy with the car. Update at 4 years and 60K miles - No problems, remain very happy with the car.

2018 MUCH better than 2014

Jess, 05/07/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I was hesitant to buy another Ford Focus after my 2014 purchase and the ongoing issues I've had with the transmission (which has since become a class action lawsuit). However, the difference between the 2014 and 2018 models are night and day, and in more than just the styling. The 2018 SEL Hatchback has a sporty look, feel, and function! I love that it wants to 'get up and go' when I give it gas. The maneuverability and great (it feels so nimble). And, as Maryland summer has started to creep in (since we skipped spring all together), I have yet to notice any lag on the transmission when giving it gas to merge onto the highway all the while have the AC on. I have two daughters, one of which is still in a booster seat, and they are able to sit comfortably in the back with my husband and I in the front. Side note: The back seats must have had a redesign since my youngest is able to buckle herself in the 2018 and isn't able to in the 2014 Focus (even with the same booster seat). Another small detailed change is the location of the door lock/unlock button - in the 2018 model it's on the door, whereas on the 2014 model it's on the center console; this small change makes a lot more sense and I'm glad to see the lock button moved to a more logical location. The hatchback doesn't have a lot of trunk space compared to the sedan but I think that's expected. Or, at least it doesn't feel like the hatchback is as deep as the sedan. Anyway, overall I am a lot more pleased with the 2018 model than the 2014 model. A lot more pleased.

1 out of 5 stars