2018 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Second one
By rfelic

2018 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

After already having a 2012 Ford Focus, I really did not want to buy another one. But when I went in for a recall, they gave me 4000 for my car and paid off the negative equity for what I owed on the old car ($2000 USD). Drove it for 200 miles and found a mild shutter when I made a right turn which made me very disappointed. I was told that it was taking care of because they changed it or 6 vs 5 gears in the trans. I really like how it looks and wished that I would have gotten the powershift button which could help me with that shuttering i hate so much. It would be a great car if they would just fix and remove that problem. If I find a great deal that I will not have negative equity on another brand, I think I would trade it in and get me a car that does not shutter. I do not understand why Ford has yet to fix this. All other competitors in this class seems to not have this problem.

Love this car for the looks and MPG.
By Scott M.

2018 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car with $5500.00 off the price before I started to deal. After test driving the SE vs. the SEL it was a no brainer to go with the SEL for the money. SEL adds fog lights, black bezel headlights, 17" rims that dress up the black color with black painted rims with just enough chrome to make them look sporty, 8" touch screen sync 3, 4 wheel disc brakes, heated cloth seats, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting that you can change the color, Sony sound system with 10 speakers including a nice size sub-woofer in the back. The sync 3 is worth the extra cost alone. Bought this car in black and had the side and back windows tinted to 18. Car is very sporty and I get compliments on it often. The ride is not harsh but stiff enough to feel stable and safe. I can stretch out my 6' 1" frame and do not feel cramped at all. The car is not a speed merchant by any stretch but when needed it gets the job done. I did not buy it for speed. The mileage I get on this car far exceeds the EPA estimates. I live in a relatively flat area and get 42 MPG at 70 MPH highway. I average 39 MPG at 30/70 city/highway use. The car rides smooth for a small car and is quiet at all speeds. This is a great value at under $18,000.00 OTD. Could not be happier.

Pleasantly surprised for the price
By Hoosierdaddy2

2018 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Advertised $4000 rebate and dealer discount got me to the dealer to drive one. Very impressed with handling and quiet ride, for the price. Acceleration is perfectly adequate though not exciting. SEL is very little more than an SE with automatic, and you get a lot more. Titanium is too much money to put in this car. Drove an S/T and it's a HOOT, like a Golf GTI for thousands less (after rebate); wanted it but wife won't drive a stick shift and it only comes that way. My star-ratings are "for the price."

Started running rough in 6 gear
By Sean

2018 Ford Focus SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Very economical with a decent look for an affordable price. RAN GREAT for 5,000 miles and now when I drive in 6th gear, it’s starting to “shutter” or “miss” a bit off and on. I’m wondering if it’s going to cause any transmission problems down the road like it’s sister automatic packages... I guess we will see

If you want a basic car ,this car is for you
By Laura Weaver

2018 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2018 Ford Focus is very plain and simple,but durable.It has no CD player .The seats will not hold an over weight person front,or back ,but great for a family of five ,if your kids can get along in back seat touching each other’s legs.It has a spacious trunk for lots of groceries and the back seats let down allowing the trunk to have even more room.The insurance was higher than what I expected 166.00 a month at for a 46 year old women with great driving record.It was more than my sons 2016 Ford Mustang which is 143.00 . The Ford Focus looks a lot like what you see government and city employees driving.There are no fancy bells ,or whistles,but an awesome air conditioner and speakers sound great ,also 30 miles to the gallon for gas highway. I would recommend this vehicle for somebody needing a dependable basic car.