Used 2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2016 Ford Focus joke
By Paul

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My son purchased this brand new clutches had to be replaced at 17000 and again at 32000 just picked up from shop a week ago and transmission is shuttering again at take off

Woes or knows?
By Linda

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Please people read up on these cars before you buy one. I thought a Ford and the years they have been in making cars, so why not. I was a busy time, my son had bought a new 2017 Focus and I really liked it. His is a manual transmission and I got a auto. At 32000 miles that clutch went out and Ford did replace it. But now I am wondering how long will this clutch last. As I finely read up about the cars on the net turns out Ford has this new dry clutch idea, they just finely got them right in 2018. Like wow, still its a fun car to drive but not a lot of room in the back seat. But it has some really nice things on it like the back up camera and telling me when I get to close to something behind me. So maybe for the money its an ok car but those dry clutches really bother me. I think the next time I buy a car I will try a Toyota just give up on American made. But my run has been long I am a 66 year old woman.

Stay away from this car
By chefjester51

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is part of a lemon law law suit against Ford, it has transmission flaws, it stalls for no reason, fuel system issues. When running right its great but why take the chance.

The Focus has good potential
By Joseph Lara

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good looks, decent power, an above average interior and great handling are pros of this car and show that the car has potential but the transmission really holds this car back. The transmission has its moments where it’s acting normal and you really wish it was like that all the time because Ford has the right idea but it just is far too unrefined. It’s jerky in higher gears and shutters insanely bad in lower gears, especially after it’s warmed up and has been driving for awhile. Driving in the city is a nightmare with this transmission. The gas mileage is good, but at last 3-5 mpg below what a comparable civic would get.

Overall, Ford has the right idea with this car but honestly for how much this car costs, you’d be better off with a similarly priced Civic, Elantra or Mazda3

Too small but still just Okay
By James

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in April 2016 for a second "run around" car for my wife (and me sometimes) but it is so difficult for even her (5' 11") to get into and out of that we have only driven it 8010 miles. (Willing to sell LOL.) I believe the value may be there for the price we paid but just not the car for us!