Used 2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus Focus Flop- Don’t buy!
By Sharon C.

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What shoppers should know before buying this car is TO NOT BUY IT AT ALL! The transmission in all focus vehicles have gone through a lawsuit as they are faulty. I have had the WORST experience as a first time car buyer and regrettably, long time Ford fan. The transmission is crap, slips gears, doesn’t respond to acceleration and has left me sitting on a main street with RPM’s raging, going nowhere. I have had th clutch AND transmission replaced 4 times- still under warranty as I’m ONLY AT $23k miles- and it’s dying. Broke down on me yesterday. The entertainment center is crap, barely recognizes my phone on Bluetooth and seldom plays music correctly through the USB connection. I knew the car would be compact when I bought it, something I was willing to sacrifice for higher fuel efficiency, but wow this car gets crowded easily. I WILL be partaking in the buy back process and will NEVER buy a Ford again. They should have an easier solution and accomodation for the folks like me who keep going without a vehicle for days on end! 2 thumbs down.

Great value for the cost
By Maureen

2016 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We own an Explorer, which we love!, but wanted to save on fuel economy as well as wear and tear on that vehicle. Having already owned 2 previous Ford Focus, including one other currently as an "extra", we knew that these are reliable cars and so decided to look for another. However, I am a little spoiled and so didn't want to give up any of my perks that we have in the Explorer. This car has it all: power moon roof, climate control, nice sound system, electric drivers seat, lovely leather interior. While this is not as spacious nor quite as comfortable to drive (or certainly ride in) as its big brother, we are very pleased! What little we gave up in comfort we are making up for in economy (40+ mpg average in my daily running). I seem to spend a lot of hours in this car and am enjoying it very much. Great value!

Janes Focus SE
By Jane

2016 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

That despite the fact the pick up is good, the auto. transmition seems sluggish.

My ride
By Bill c

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good car look and ride good

Great car for the money!
By Robert Baker

2016 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Great gas mileage and a fun car to drive!