Used 2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Stay away from this car
By chefjester51

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is part of a lemon law law suit against Ford, it has transmission flaws, it stalls for no reason, fuel system issues. When running right its great but why take the chance.

The Focus has good potential
By Joseph Lara

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good looks, decent power, an above average interior and great handling are pros of this car and show that the car has potential but the transmission really holds this car back. The transmission has its moments where it’s acting normal and you really wish it was like that all the time because Ford has the right idea but it just is far too unrefined. It’s jerky in higher gears and shutters insanely bad in lower gears, especially after it’s warmed up and has been driving for awhile. Driving in the city is a nightmare with this transmission. The gas mileage is good, but at last 3-5 mpg below what a comparable civic would get.

Overall, Ford has the right idea with this car but honestly for how much this car costs, you’d be better off with a similarly priced Civic, Elantra or Mazda3

Too small but still just Okay
By James

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in April 2016 for a second "run around" car for my wife (and me sometimes) but it is so difficult for even her (5' 11") to get into and out of that we have only driven it 8010 miles. (Willing to sell LOL.) I believe the value may be there for the price we paid but just not the car for us!

Focus Focus Flop- Don’t buy!
By Sharon C.

2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What shoppers should know before buying this car is TO NOT BUY IT AT ALL! The transmission in all focus vehicles have gone through a lawsuit as they are faulty. I have had the WORST experience as a first time car buyer and regrettably, long time Ford fan. The transmission is crap, slips gears, doesn’t respond to acceleration and has left me sitting on a main street with RPM’s raging, going nowhere. I have had th clutch AND transmission replaced 4 times- still under warranty as I’m ONLY AT $23k miles- and it’s dying. Broke down on me yesterday. The entertainment center is crap, barely recognizes my phone on Bluetooth and seldom plays music correctly through the USB connection. I knew the car would be compact when I bought it, something I was willing to sacrifice for higher fuel efficiency, but wow this car gets crowded easily. I WILL be partaking in the buy back process and will NEVER buy a Ford again. They should have an easier solution and accomodation for the folks like me who keep going without a vehicle for days on end! 2 thumbs down.

Great value for the cost
By Maureen

2016 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We own an Explorer, which we love!, but wanted to save on fuel economy as well as wear and tear on that vehicle. Having already owned 2 previous Ford Focus, including one other currently as an "extra", we knew that these are reliable cars and so decided to look for another. However, I am a little spoiled and so didn't want to give up any of my perks that we have in the Explorer. This car has it all: power moon roof, climate control, nice sound system, electric drivers seat, lovely leather interior. While this is not as spacious nor quite as comfortable to drive (or certainly ride in) as its big brother, we are very pleased! What little we gave up in comfort we are making up for in economy (40+ mpg average in my daily running). I seem to spend a lot of hours in this car and am enjoying it very much. Great value!