Used 2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

Used Fiesta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best car I've ever driven

jrazem, 04/26/2015
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I only drive fun cars. I used to drive a '06 Audi S4, my wife drives a BMW 335i with the sports package, and after reading so many glowing reviews of the Fiesta ST, I decided to give one a spin and then easily decided to replace my Subaru WRX STi. The Fiesta ST is not only better than all those cars but also far cheaper. There aren't many instances where you can replace something more expensive with something less expensive and have a better product in the end, but this is one of those times. The Fiesta ST actually does live up to its hype - it is that good. If you enjoy driving and love fun to drive cars, there is no more fun that can be had in any other car - no matter the price.

2015 Ford Fiesta SE 1.6L

Alex, 10/08/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fiesta for about a year now and love the MPG that I get. I average about 35 combined mostly highway drive with some city driving, highest I ever got was 42 MPG on the highway, and 30 MPG in city. On a good week i can get up to 36 or 37 MPG combined. The car may seem small but feels big behind the wheel. I run full synthetic oil rather then the blend that Ford was using. Runs much better on synthetic, I use a K&N Oil Filter as well seem to working just fine no problems there. Also run a K&N Air Filter, this added a little more power. Transmission is really great, only had to replace the Transmission Control Module around 6,000 miles, but warranty covered it in full. Other then that have not had any problems. I'm 6'2 so there is no room in the back seat for passengers but I am the only one that used it so that's fine. Great viability in all directions. Love the blind spot mirrors they are great on crowed roads and if set right you don't look over your should's. Steering wheel controls are place nicely, as well as the radio controls, love the Bluetooth feature. Only with the 12 volt outlet was not consent power after turning the car completely off. Truck space is great enough space for medium size objects. Overall it is a great car, I would recommend this for teen drivers because it small easy on gas and has Bluetooth for hands free communications.

4 out of 5 stars

Great Performance with some reliability issues.

Keppa Max, 04/12/2016
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, if you're looking for affordable performance with practicality, this car is difficult to beat. The passing power of this thing will surprise you - it surely surprised me. Not of caution: 1) it's small, so don't get it if you need the space; 2) its ride is on the harder side, so beware if the roads in your area are crumbling and take it for a test drive first; 3) also test drive the Recaro package before you buy it - it doesn't work for everyone as in my case it was very uncomfortable. Biggest gripe: Reliability & Fit an finish. I try to remind myself that this is, basically, still a Fiesta econo-box, but some door gaps are wider than others, paint defects are present from factory, multiple visits to dealership for warranty work. Unacceptable for a less than 2 year old car. The big question: would I buy a new one after the current one I have has run its course? I'd say it's not likely.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best driver's car under 30k

12sectruck, 11/21/2014
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First a little background. I am 47 yrs old. I have owned and driven many so called performance vehicle, many of which have been Fords. I still own a 2001 F-150 Lightning which I purchased in 2001 and has around 500 rwhp. I was driving a MKV GTI with stage 1 as my daily driver for the last 2 yrs. The warranty was almost up so I started looking. Since I have an hr. Commute each way to work, my main priorities were fun to drive and decent gas mileage. My price range was around 30k. My first choice was the Focus ST. Then got my car & driver mag and see the Fiesta ST received 6th place. Time for another test drive! That was all it took! A little less room but 4k cheaper and more smiles!! SOLD

1 out of 5 stars

What Happened to Ford Quality?

Don G, 08/19/2017
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Fords my entire adult life. Six of them to be exact. My current Ford Focus is now 16 years old with 98000+ mile on it. It has never broken down and has only had two items that needed repair. A sway-arm bushing and an ignition switch. Anyway, I was very pleased my daughter chose to purchase a Ford as her first new car. A 2015 Ford Fiesta. It has been nothing but problem after problem since she got it. A month or so after she bought it the parking break push knob broke, and the passenger side seat-belt retractor stopped working, requiring replacement of both. When she picked it up, she noticed that the mechanic had scratched and gouged the plastic console surrounding the parking break and shifter, so she had to schedule another appointment to have that replaced. Again when she picked it up, the airbag light was now on, apparently due to a lose plug under the passenger seat (from replacing seat-belt thing). That also required a day to fix. During the first year, she has the interior plastic molding around one of the back windows fall off, the exterior plastic molding around the other back window fall off, the rubberized "cover/strip" that goes around the windshield is coming off, and the plastic "skirts/fairing" around the bottom of both seats has broken. Last February I noticed that the front end of her was bouncing around a lot going over bumps, so I told her to take it to Ford. With less than 5000 miles on it, both front shocks had failed. This to me in unbelievable! In June she was hearing noises coming from the left front of the car, back to Ford again. This time a wheel bearing and the left shock both failed. I've never heard of such a thing. Now, just today, the airbag light is on again. Next, the transmission! Since she bought it, both she and I have on several occasions, noticed that the transmission did not feel right. Slow acceleration/hesitation for the first 2 or 3 three seconds when leaving a stop. Very slight shuddering when leaving a stop, and sometimes when coming to a stop. Ford has told us that this is normal and/or they were unable to reproduce the problem or that it did not meet the threshold for repair. I admit, it does not do it all the time, but it is annoying when it does and in my opinion it should not be doing it at all. Lastly is value. She bought the car with extended warranty for $23,000.00, it has something like 18000 miles on it and according to Kelly Bluebook it has a resale value of around $5000.00! She cannot sell it or trade it on another car because she still owes $15,000.00 on it. We are aware of the class-action lawsuit against Ford for the transmission problems, and will make a claim. But even with what she might get for that, she will be forced to keep the car until she pays it off. Now it is just about time for me to replace my car and I find myself wondering if I may have to look elsewhere instead of Ford. That makes me sad.

2 out of 5 stars