Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

You can Pass the Gas station
By Greg

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for me, but it's not for everybody... my wife has a hard time getting up n out of it. also if your over 6' tall it might be to small to get into and out of. that beings said, I'm getting avg 38 mpg driving 32 miles round trip to work everyday, with a trip into town once a week maybe, so 11gal gets me about two weeks before I have to fill up. Just did a brake job and new tires at 50k on my 2012. planning on driving this till the wheels fall off. manual trans. by the way love the shifting, just wished it had a turbo kit in it... easy to find a parking spot compared to our F-150 So yes, I really like it specially for a go to work vehicle.

One of the worst quality cars I’ve seen
By Daniel

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My girlfriend owns this vehicle and it is plagued with problems at just 35,000 miles. There is a eather stripping coming off the windshield, door jams, window seals, etc. Interior panels falling apart on drivers and passenger side, faulty window switches, faulty transmission that ford will not replace (class action law suit against them for this), rear hatch compartment cover broke off, etc. The list goes on and on and these are all common problems which is unacceptable. The car is driven by a careful young woman, yet it’s falling apart due to the terrible quality of Ford. We are both VERY disappointed at this vehicle and I warn you, as an educated consumer, do your research, and avoid this car like the plague. Originally the vehicle was gifted while in college, but we are now looking forward to selling it because it’s so terrible.

DO NOT BUY
By Rob

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My father bought these vehicle for me as an everyday driver, and I was to gradually pay it back. I am behind on my payments not because of laziness, but instead due to the multitude of problems this car contains that I've paid out of pocket, I could have bought a brand new Toyota Corolla. Within ten thousand miles (now 58,000) the transmission has been replaced twice, the sound system has been replaced (not the speakers, yes the actual sound system). The rear shocks have been replaced. I've taken this thing in several times for minutiae problems. The list goes on and on. Worst decision I have ever made

I HATE THIS CAR
By anonymous

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving this car for 6 years. If I were not in such a tough financial situation, I would have gotten rid of this car a long time ago. It is no surprise there is a lawsuit against Ford because of their Transmission issue with this car. I have had this car in the shop, several times every year I have owned it. The first winter, my heater went out. I have had constant transmission and clutch issues where it's been replace twice. My engine light comes on and goes off due to "Environmental Reading" issues. I have had oil leaks because 3 dealerships can not seem to put the cap on tight enough after an oil change. I am SO done with this car and can not wait to unload it next month. I will never recommend a Fiesta to anyone.

Car is more trouble than it's worth!
By Sam

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have own my car for almost 2 years and it has been in the shop three times. They replaced the clutch under warranty twice and it looks like it needs it a third time which won't be covered. Apparently there is another problem with the transmission than what Ford is telling the dealerships what to fix. Thanks Ford for the temporary non beneficial fixes.