Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

First Deisel - - It's Great
By Gary Waren

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have driven it less than a 1,000 miles and I am very pleased with the performance and comfort of the vehicle. I am looking forward to pulling our 35 foot trailer and seeing how it performs.

I have now driven my F-350 about 12,000 miles with most from towing a 35ft RV. I am extreemly pleased with the overall performance. Towing mpg is about 11-12 and non-towing is 20 mpg. The uphill towing is great. I have no complaints except for the engine noise. I have gotten used to it on the highway and don't ever think about the noise. In town, it is louder than most vehicles. I think Ford fixed the noise on the newer models. I hope to keep this gem for several years because I am very happy with it when I am towing the RV. Loaded, the RV weighs about 10,000 lbs. I haven't gone up a grade pulling my RV that I couldn't increase my speed if I wanted to. That's really good. That's not like my previous vehicle because I could floorboard it and lose speed down to 30 mph and have to endure the pokey climb up the slope and still have my engine overheat.

I Love Mt 6.0 Powerstroke
By brandonpsd

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I love my Powerstroke. Some say that the 6.0 PSD is a horrible diesel, but as long as you keep up on the normal Maintenance than you will be ok. Anybody with a tiny bit of mechanical sense can keep this pickup going. I have not had 1 problem with my F350 and it has 147000 miles on her. So, in my opinion, keep up on the normal work and your Powerstroke will go a very long ways wether it be a 6.0 or the 7.3.

Turbo. HD Suspension.

You're Out of Your Mind
By S.J.

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was! I sold my Dodge Cummins to buy this pretty Ford that had been babied for its 56,000 mi. After a month I had to replace ball joints and that seemed strange. Then I towed my 5000lb boat, the first time the truck had actually towed anything and it overheated. I go to the dealer and he immediately rattles off $5000 in repairs. I ask how he knows this and he says "These 6.0 engines do this." Since it's out of warranty it's all on me. Ford will do nothing even though they know so many of their trucks are lemons. I never had this problem with a Cummins, so if you want a diesel stick with Dodge.

Ride, comfort

Cummins engine.

well
By mike

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I added a banks exhaust, k & n air cleaner, bully dog chip. I jumped 100 horses, went from 8.5 mpg to 18 mpg. Warranty worthless on electrics. Fuel module broke at 61,000. Cost, , $1700.00, ouch

More power then I can ever use. Mileage not now that I chipped it. Transmission with "toll hall" is a must, , works great

Electric needs better quality

Love my truck hate rust
By brian w

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a 03 with v10 and 04 with v10 they have the same every thing. But the 03 was junk maybe built on Friday. Not the motor just the rest. My 04 must of been built on god's day sun day because I have no problems with it expect ball joints go out all the time breaks to the breaks are half my fault I pull a 5000 Pound trailer with no breaks. But I will tell you it pulls so good I forget when it's on there the truck brakes will stop on a dime I've hit them hard at 70 miles per hour they saved my hide. The truck has 77,000 thousand on it drivetrain is great still I love it. But I am mad at Ford and so should we all be the truck rear fender are geting rusty. Beautiful paint but now I got rust.

color and pulling power and people tell me how nice it is. it's red

get trucks that don't rust when there only 6 yrs old and get better ball joints or warranty them for life get better still on you roaders they rust out at 30,000 thousand 50,000 and 77,000 3 pair rotors 3 pair of ball joints at 77,000 and now rust great truck get these bugs out it's not a rustoyota